Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turtle Wax Ice
Having checked out crappy tire today, I saw a new liquid polish from Turtle Wax that looks like it means business! The box claims it'll work on exterior plastics (painted and unpainted) and on hot sunny days, without risk of streaking or baking on the surface, or ANY residue whatsoever!

For $20 you get the polish, an applicator, and a microfiber cloth for buffing it to a shine.

The bottle recommends 3-5 mins drying time.

I tried it, and wow... it actually removed wax and polish residue from last summer that wouldn't come off easily! It polished my side mirrors and door handles as well. Oh, and nowhere to be found was any residue... it dried, came off, and blended easier than any wax or polish I have ever used! Not that this is a complete replacement for my waxes and polishes, once a year now I will use the Meguiars two or three step process to waxing and polishing (depending on oxidation) and use the ICE on a weekly or bi weekly basis... as it took very little effort and an unbeleivably little amount of product to get more than necessary uniform coverage!

Two thumbs up, I recommend this polish 100%!

[Image: IMG_8123Medium.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8119Medium.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8121Medium.jpg]
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
you know when you're taking a picture of something shiney you should be naked and take the picture dead on :ph34r:

looks like a great shine I'll have to pick up some of this and give it a whirl too, thanks!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
That looks like good stuff, might have to pick some up. Maybe I'll wash and wax the car with my new found free time.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

nass,Mar 7 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:you know when you're taking a picture of something shiney you should be naked and take the picture dead on  :ph34r:

looks like a great shine I'll have to pick up some of this and give it a whirl too, thanks!
[right][snapback]173762[/snapback][/right]

now, why would someone want to see some nude guy standing in the reflection on his car...hmmm....makes me wonder.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I read about it on autopia, seems to be quite nice but does not seem to last very long.

The TW platinum was and still is a great WAX, this stiff seems to be even better. I plan on getting this later on because from results i have seen so far, it's worth the cash. I just think it needs to be more durable... that seems to be a problem with the turtle wax line.

My Mom Says I'm Special
Slimsride,Mar 7 2006, 11:04 PM Wrote:
nass,Mar 7 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:you know when you're taking a picture of something shiney you should be naked and take the picture dead on  :ph34r:

now, why would someone want to see some nude guy standing in the reflection on his car...hmmm....makes me wonder.
[right][snapback]173820[/snapback][/right]

photochop opprotunities :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Kool_ZX3,Mar 7 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:I read about it on autopia, seems to be quite nice but does not seem to last very long.

The TW platinum was and still is a great WAX, this stiff seems to be even better. I plan on getting this later on because from results i have seen so far, it's worth the cash. I just think it needs to be more durable... that seems to be a problem with the turtle wax line.
[right][snapback]173821[/snapback][/right]

I've got some platinum turtle wax paste wax, and I don't like it at all, like most of turtle wax' products.
'14 Escape 2.0t
Turtle wax has never and will never tough my car.

After the mess it made of my brother's Nova.

Forget it.
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2006, 08:40 AM Wrote:Turtle wax has never and will never tough my car.

After the mess it made of my brother's Nova.

Forget it.
[right][snapback]173854[/snapback][/right]

Was probaly a paste though, right? ANd it baked on, or didn't buff out right? That's why I didn't like Turtle Wax products in the past, but this liquid stuff turns them around completely! Easy on, easy off... and no mistakes with applying on unpainted trim.
'14 Escape 2.0t
Even alot of the pro's are really starting to like turtle wax's mew products, if you follow the directions and know what your doing.... their all fine product. I love my platinum ultra gloss stuff, works great and leaves a shine that equals or surpasses the much more expensive products from mothers or meguairs.

The local wally world is carrying alot of the new products like the ICE line, armour all's new tire shine and gel car wax, megauirs new Quik interior detailer etc.... I was quite surprised to see all this new stuff and picked up some stuff for the new detailing season.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Mar 8 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:Even alot of the pro's are really starting to like turtle wax's mew products, if you follow the directions and know what your doing.... their all fine product. I love my platinum ultra gloss stuff, works great and leaves a shine that equals or surpasses the much more expensive products from mothers or meguairs.

The local wally world is carrying alot of the new products like the ICE line, armour all's new tire shine and gel car wax, megauirs new Quik interior detailer etc.... I was quite surprised to see all this new stuff and picked up some stuff for the new detailing season.
[right][snapback]173949[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I picked up some of Meguiar's interior Quik Detailer a few weeks ago... it's great, but doesn't have anything special about it. It's a great all around cleaner/duster for the dash, but doesn't have as good a smell as the meguiar's vinyl cleaner which actually has a vinyl smell to it.

As for the armous all tire gel, I was tempted to try that out the turtle wax version when I picked up the ICE polish, but i'm not cray about anything too thick coating the tires, it's usually not good in the long run. I just use Michelin tire shine, and when I have it, the Meguiars tire shine.

Lots of new cleaners, too many! :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
[/quote]

Yeah I picked up some of Meguiar's interior Quik Detailer a few weeks ago... it's great, but doesn't have anything special about it. It's a great all around cleaner/duster for the dash, but doesn't have as good a smell as the meguiar's vinyl cleaner which actually has a vinyl smell to it.

As for the armous all tire gel, I was tempted to try that out the turtle wax version when I picked up the ICE polish, but i'm not cray about anything too thick coating the tires, it's usually not good in the long run. I just use Michelin tire shine, and when I have it, the Meguiars tire shine.

Lots of new cleaners, too many! :lol:
[right][snapback]173953[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If it's anything like the megs endurance gel, it will be worth the 8 bucks.Much cheaper then the endurance stuff.... 13.99 a bottle :blink:

Aslong as you put on thin coat of the gel and buff it afterwards it usually works out great. My bro swares by endurance though, he has tried everything else and still goes back to endurance.

I picked up some megs gold class interior wipes awhile ago and they work great and you can cover alot of area with one wipe. I got the armour all stuff b/c it was cheaper then the TW tire gel and you got more also in the bottle with the armour all then the turtle. I also got 2 megs gold class sponge's, and 2 megs gold class microfiber even coat applicator's. I got some TW platinum series wheel cleaner for 4 bucks.

I plan on gettin the ice wax and ice detailer later on.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Guys. Here's the truth.

Quit Mickey Mousing around with kids toys for car cleaning and go get your stuff for the same price or cheaper from the pros.

The cleaners and agents I have seen from bunny and the stuff I get from the local Krown rust would blow the competition away for longevity(tire sheen) smell(interior vinyl/leather cleaner) and even the degreasers and soaps they use.

Look into it

Really.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Slimsride,Mar 8 2006, 04:04 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]173820[/snapback][/right]

I guess you haven't seen that ebay auction with the toaster :) there were more but I can't think of them.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
How is it as a protector for the paint, versus, say, NXT? How is water beading?

It would work well maybe with a topper... # 26 maybe??

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
meford4u,Mar 8 2006, 07:58 PM Wrote:Guys.  Here's the truth.

Quit Mickey Mousing around with kids toys for car cleaning and go get your stuff for the same price or cheaper from the pros.

The cleaners and agents I have seen from bunny and the stuff I get from the local Krown rust would blow the competition away for longevity(tire sheen) smell(interior vinyl/leather cleaner) and even the degreasers and soaps they use.

Look into it

Really.
[right][snapback]174008[/snapback][/right]

+1

Used to be a detailer at a Toyota dealer... still wish I had access to all of the CarBrite stuff. I just don't need car wash by the 40L barrel. Would still be WAY cheaper than all of the 'Pro' stuff that you can buy off the shelf, and they all do a kickass job!
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
The s*** Bunny was using was by far better than anything you could get from the shelf.

Trouble is... you gotta know a detailing shop (personally) to get the stuff.
the local MB dealer sells some zymol(?) or some really good polish/wax/wash they use on thier cars. A few guys I worked with bought it from them and you couldn't get it anywhere else. Try some high end dealers and see what they have, never know?

or jsut talk to bunny.... he'll be your 'dealer'
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Mar 14 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:the local MB dealer sells some zymol(?) or some really good polish/wax/wash they use on thier cars. A few guys I worked with bought it from them and you couldn't get it anywhere else. Try some high end dealers and see what they have, never know?

or jsut talk to bunny.... he'll be your 'dealer'
[right][snapback]174835[/snapback][/right]

Maybe Zaino?

You can buy regular Zymol at Crappy Tire. Maybe it was from their higher line?

Ryan

Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Well i had the chance to try the ICE detailer spray..... this stuff is da shiat.

Cleaning power is there but it's nothing to be that crazy about, but the shine and protection it leaves is top notch. I was surprised how it shined and how water is still beading on the car after a few days of rain. It's the best detail spray i have used to date. I give it a 8/10, it looses points for it's not so great cleaning power but top marks for shine and protection :)
My Mom Says I'm Special