Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Brake Noise
My 04 Focus has only 31,000 kms and the rear brakes are making a horrible noise. I know that there is an issue with these brakes, but should they not be fixed under warranty? I called the dealership and they will not confirm if this is covered under warranty.
ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
Haven't had issues with mine, but what stealership do you use in the city TonyDee?
my car was inspected at 70K for break noise, it ended up being excess brake dust trapped in the drums. i still haev the origional rear brakes on mine and now im at approx 85k... im guessing thats all it is.
My other ride is your Mom
TonyDee,Mar 2 2006, 12:22 PM Wrote:My 04 Focus has only 31,000 kms and the rear brakes are making a horrible noise. [right][snapback]173017[/snapback][/right]
Problem front brakes yes ... rear brakes (drum), not really.

The dealership won't confirm or commit to anything without seeing them first - 31k is too early for the shoes to wear out assuming you don't drive with the parking brake on - could be they're just contaminated. Friction material is generally not covered after the first 20k (so-called secret warranty fix on Focus) but if the piston is seized or something broken or missing, it should be covered.

[on soap box] And when you take it into the shop to check the brakes, ask them what happened to your standard rear seat heat ducts --- the ones that aren't there. [off soap box]

Let us know what the diagnosis is.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Think I will do it myself. I hate bringing my car to the Keystone dealership here in Winnipeg. They screwed me over in the past. My POS 84Tempo, that I bought off my Dad in 85, had a failure with a seat hinge that caused the seat to collapse. That very day I received a recall about defective seats. Keystone treated me like crap, and didn't do a thing for me, even with a car that would be considered dangerous due to a manufactures defect. I had to drive the car with a 2x4 holding up the seat for a month before they would fix it. I swore then that I would have nothing to do with them ever again. I got rid of that POS after the warranty expired (transmission was already pachked)Stupid me I thought time would change things.

I did go down to them after I reported the issue with the missing heater ducts to Ford of Canada. Basically they laughed at me, and even the owners son came on our local club forum (manitobamustang.com) to indicate that I should not bring up nagative issues about my car ,and that because I bought a used car it is buyer beware.

I had not even made any negative comments about this dealership (did not even mention them) on our forum, but he chose to make negative comments about me even sent me an insulting personnal message. Thankfully the other club members saw what an idiot he was. Basically I now hate Ford and especially Keystone Ford.

Should I go to a different dealership, maybe, but I do not trust Ford and I have more confidence in myself. Only if I have a major issue under warranty would I go to them. :angry:
ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
I've had good luck with Landau Ford, you might want to give them a try Tony.

I didn't even buy my car there, and they still have treated me nicely, and have been quite 'mod-friendly'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying svt rear brake kit MuskokaZX3 2 1,851 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Tsb: Rear Brake Squeal CanadaSVT 1 1,804 09-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Last Post: BerinG
  Rear Brake Shoes focuzedn2o 6 3,132 05-10-2006, 03:04 AM
Last Post: focuzedn2o
  Need Help! Rear Brake Light Stay On At Drive! Black_ZTS 3 2,125 11-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Black_ZTS
  Rear Brake Shoes/drums - How Long Do They Last? xappie 1 1,655 04-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Rear Bearing Noise mo_focus 3 1,775 07-13-2004, 02:29 AM
Last Post: iceblaza