Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Brake Light
hey - seen this attachment you can hook up to yr back light 0 so when you hit yr brakes the center light flashes 3 times - to grab the atention of the retard tailing ya before he hit you

it was called a "BACK OFF" light in the states

cant find it up here - - any ideas???

help me find it

ciao
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brake Light Pulser: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

On this site though, it says that the flashing third brake light is illegal in some states, not that we live there, but just for your information. Check your local laws before doing this.

Or you can alter the circuitry to make it flash.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
You under the highway traffic act are not to have any flashing red lights that can be interpereted as an emergency vehicle. Such light as red underglow and any light that flashes red(primary taillights) or white(reverse lights) are illegal. The reason is that people who may not be fully attentive to their suroundings may react the wrong way thinking that you are an Emerg. Serv. Veh.
I know this because I had my trunk light do that and the OPP pulled me over and were going to IMPOUND my vehicle and issue and impersonation ESV ticket (up to $5000) but I told him I could take it out at that minute and would not put it back in.
And remember that Ontario is trying to pass laws that would give the Police more freedom to pull us over if our vehicle looks like a potential Street Racing type car. So that light could give them a reason to pull you over if they don't use the reason I was pulled over for.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Mike Harrington,Mar 1 2006, 04:45 PM Wrote:        And remember that Ontario is trying to pass laws that would give the Police more freedom to pull us over if our vehicle looks like a potential Street Racing type car. So that light could give them a reason to pull you over if they don't use the reason I was pulled over for.
[right][snapback]172848[/snapback][/right]

soon the day will come when they will pull you over for having a lowered car just so they can check up on you.

" Profiling "
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Dont some new cars have this feature? I swear some of them do....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Mar 1 2006, 05:05 PM Wrote:Dont some new cars have this feature?  I swear some of them do....
[right][snapback]172853[/snapback][/right]

I have seen some of the new style mustangs with rear turn signals that alternated from the middle outwards.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
no...no...for some reason Im thinking some chrylser cars have this.

The 3rd brake light in the rear window would flash 3 or 4times then remain solid....Frig, I swear I saw it, cuz I was like WTF is he doing, but his taillights were solid red <_<

Must of been dreaming or something.
No they don't make it a stock option because of the laws in place. However Motorcycles come with that as a stock option because they are small and theres thousands of idiots out there that either don't look for them or just don't jive two sh*** about them.

That doesnt make any sense. Wouldnt it apply to all vehicles??
I know it sounds dumb.......but when has a government (politician) ever made any sense whether it is written or spoken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake Light On When Lights On Frost__2001 30 12,086 04-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Brake Light Fuse dBlast 8 2,334 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Need Help! Rear Brake Light Stay On At Drive! Black_ZTS 3 2,143 11-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Black_ZTS
  Brake Light azn_focus 6 2,406 09-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Last Post: paolo