Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Softeners
We're thinking of getting a water softener. We can't keep drinking this Guelph crap. For budget reasons I'm thinking of getting a single faucet unit for the kitchen. I'm not concerned about softening the entire water system in the townhouse.
Does anyone have one? Leased? Owned? Brand?
Any relevant feedback would be appreciated.

Jeremy
[COLOR=blue]I had a friend recommend the "clearwave" to me - he was on a well with hard water and it worked quite well. It softens the entire system ( check the link below ) I just purchased a house on a well and will be looking at getting one once we take possession. Something to look into - it avoids the use of salt ? My two cents.

http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.ca/hotwate.../clearwave.html
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Are you looking for water softener or water filter?

Water softeners usually use salt to soften the water, water filters usually use carbon and micron filters to remove particles in the water. Some more expensive units actually remove E-coli and other bacteria’s as well. Those units cost lot more and require more maintenance.

So which one are you looking for?

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Guelph, and surrounding areas are on an artisian(?) well. We need a softener, which is what everyone else has.
that's what I have learned as well as I am moving to the area. I haven't figured out what I will be getting as the development I am going into will be self sufficient for water and we have our own little water treatment plant, but I am interested in what you find out because I do know the water is harsh (even though Aberfoyle Springs, the water co. is right across the street).
Keep me informed brotha
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I have a culligan(sp) softener and filter thing under the sink 3 tanks make my drinking actually really good
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Mar 3 2006, 12:47 AM Wrote:I have a culligan(sp) softener and filter thing under the sink 3 tanks make my drinking actually really good
[right][snapback]173122[/snapback][/right]
how $ did it run you? or cost a month?
My wife bought it I think like 3500? but I am not completely sure
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]