Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Informed A Vote Fc Members Made
So earlier this year I posted various party platforms so that people may download them, read them and make an informed vote come election time.

I did this because I believed that far too often people base their votes on what they heard in the media or someone else's interpretation... so anyways, the platforms were made available, members were urged to download them, and because I can track such things... the stats of which party platforms were downloaded and how often.

Conservatives - 22
Liberals - 8
NDP - 2
Green Party - 0

how informed were our votes this past election?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'd be very surprised if a total of 32 (sum of # of downloads) of the "top 100 most frequent posters" here on FC actually got off their asses and voted. Those who didn't will be the first to whine and bitch though.

Prove me wrong people.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Actually Puppet made our voting day quite easy. In the end, I did as I said I would... I thought globally and voted locally for the guy that would best represent us in the House - the Liberal rep.

We did good so far, received a decent amount (but not still what we were eligible for) of funding and decided to bring the guy back. Apparently, a stunning majority of my fellow North Bayites did the right thing and judged our rep by what he had done, not by whwat he had nothign to do with.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
In my riding the Liberal candidate won, despite the fact that her total contribution to the well-being of my riding seems to fall somewhere between "jack" and "squat"

I ascribe that to a number of factors:

1. The Liberal party machinery was better organized than any of the other parties (multiple mailings, mysteriously appearing "updates" from her office declaring what good work the government had done within days of the election being called)

2. The fact that the Conservative party candidate was a former Progressive Conservative caucus member in Ontario, people here still remember what happened under Harris, both good and ill.

3. I call this one a "dirty trick" though others may differ. A few days before the election we received another mailing from the Liberal incumbent and on the back was a reproduction of the voters ballot but only the candidates name was on it. People were encouraged to "bring this card with them to the polling station on election day" the clear implication (to me at least) that the MP was banking on a less sophisticated voter not knowing any better and ending up voting for her, even if they didn't want to.

Ain't democracy fun? <_<

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Feb 24 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:I'd be very surprised if a total of 32 (sum of # of downloads) of the "top 100 most frequent posters" here on FC actually got off their asses and voted. Those who didn't will be the first to whine and bitch though.

Prove me wrong people.
[right][snapback]172077[/snapback][/right]

It was a huge job getting off my ass, but yes sir captain, I voted.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
2001 ZTS,Feb 24 2006, 08:38 AM Wrote:I'd be very surprised if a total of 32 (sum of # of downloads) of the "top 100 most frequent posters" here on FC actually got off their asses and voted. Those who didn't will be the first to whine and bitch though.

Prove me wrong people.
[right][snapback]172077[/snapback][/right]
I didn't download the info puppet posted but I knew who I wanted to vote for and the reasons behind it, and I still stand behind my vote for the NDP.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I didn't download anything either but I did vote. The person/party I voted for won but didn't help the party win. I just hope past mistakes wont be repeated by the current government. We all remember where the GST came from don't we.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
When is the election!?