Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meguiars Nxt Glass Cleaner
Well besides this product working great, like any good quality glass cleaner... it smells so much better inside the vehicle than typical ammonia based windex does...

BUT... having just paid for this stupid cleaner, the bottle's pump handle broke that same day. The only problem was that I got it at a car show so there is no guarantee or return policy :lol: So I write Meguiars and tell them my problem to see if they'll replace my bottle. I get a responce saying it won't be a problem, and nearly a year later they still haven't replaced it. I love how such good products have such dumbass management behind them...

So much for having all this Meguirs buying attitude i've had all these past year, I might just change my entire line to Mother's when I finish all these up. It'll probaly take two or so years to clean it all up :lol: AnthonyD wanna buy some cleaners, polishes, waxes and soap? :P jk... I spend too much money in Meguiars crap to let them tell me I didn't send them my address in the first place over a year ago, when I did.

Greg Morton - Meguiars Canada General Ma Wrote:If I get your address.

All you need to do is remind us. Were busy people.

Anyways, i'm done ranting. If anyone's used this cleaner... it's great, if the pump on it works! Streak free, worked great on chrome too... just like any other glass cleaner... but if ya use it inside the car, it smells the best of all cleaners in it's class. :)

/end rant.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
take an empty windex bottle... rinse it out... let it dry.

fill windex bottle from mequir's bottle.

problem solved in < 1 year
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Feb 17 2006, 11:30 AM Wrote:take an empty windex bottle... rinse it out... let it dry.

fill windex bottle from mequir's bottle.

problem solved in < 1 year
[right][snapback]171046[/snapback][/right]

Done and done. But the point is...it shouldn't have broken. When I bought it, it had just hit the market not long before. And... the main point I am trying to get at, is their CS is pretty crappy considering.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you spent all ur cash for cleaning supplies on one mfr, never had a problem and then a bottle literally crumbles in your hand during use? :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
actually, it takes a lot more than that to piss me off :P

s**t breaks.... if it's not THAT expensive, and it's a consumable, I'll survive.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well... after this... i'm not so "Car Crazy" anymore :lol:

"Mother's" here I come.
'14 Escape 2.0t
wow that response you got some well, bad.

We're busy people. what a joke.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I'm a huge Meguiars fan myself. I'm trying to get my hands on the Whole NXT line. I mean if you never had a problem with them before, and you like the stuff, then one "bad" batch of bottles shouldn't discourage you from buying it again. I mean if you buy a dozen bottles and they all crumble, then theres a problem, other than that, MEH....

Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweaty things.

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Feb 17 2006, 05:54 PM Wrote:I'm a huge Meguiars fan myself.  I'm trying to get my hands on the Whole NXT line.  I mean if you never had a problem with them before, and you like the stuff, then one "bad" batch of bottles shouldn't discourage you from buying it again.  I mean if you buy a dozen bottles and they all crumble, then theres a problem, other than that, MEH....

Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweaty things.
[right][snapback]171121[/snapback][/right]

True...

And I have been a huge Meguiars fan myself... having bragged and raved about their products, and spending lots of money and time with them. So when I got that response, I was pretty annoyed. I might have responded a little rude in his eyes, but... all I said was that it has been a year since I responded to him and that I was wondering if I was still able to get a replacement.
'14 Escape 2.0t
I never tried it but at over 13 bucks a bottle, i don't plan on it anytime soon.

I had a problem with a bottle of their quik detailer last year, emailed greg and he asked for my address and i got a new bottle through Ups i believe a few weeks later. Odd how it's been so long for you and i had prompt, great service :blink:

I also got a tape i asked for with tips and and lots of info on how to use their products etc...

How things change :( Greg was awesome when i dealed with him
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Feb 21 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:I never tried it but at over 13 bucks a bottle, i don't plan on it anytime soon.

I had a problem with a bottle of their quik detailer last year, emailed greg and he asked for my address and i got a new bottle through Ups i believe a few weeks later. Odd how it's been so long for you and i had prompt, great service  :blink:

I also got a tape i asked for with tips and and lots of info on how to use their products etc...

How things change  :(  Greg was awesome when i dealed with him
[right][snapback]171532[/snapback][/right]

Serious?! Wow... that sucks for me then. Glad to hear it all worked out for you though!
'14 Escape 2.0t
Well I just got the replacement bottle today, UPS ground. No detailing video though... I assume my response to Greg the second and/or third time around was not professional whatsoever... so that probably caused the tension.

Long story short, I'm glad they replaced my cleaner and this definitely makes me a happy customer again.
'14 Escape 2.0t
Where did you get your NXT Glass Cleaner? I haven't seen it in the Ottawa area...

I might have to cross the border to get some.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I actually found it at Performance World last year in Toronto. That's why when I got home and tried it only to have the bottle break, I wanted it replaced...

It's a good cleaner, and smells much better than Windex and the like.
'14 Escape 2.0t
I've been using Stoner's Invisible Glass and Eagle One 20/20 for the last year. How does it compare for you?

Glad to see Costco has Invisible Glass back this year! :)

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
This stuff is FRIGGIN' awesome...

one coat, usually lasts about a week and a half to 2 weeks..smells awesome....

[Image: Picture009.jpg]
[Image: Picture011.jpg]

(look at the HUGE gap in the wheel wells...holy geez, good thing i've dropped 2 inches)
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Well I still use this for the interior glass, and Gunk for the exterior glass in between washes.

As for tire shine, i've got a can of the NXT stuff slim posted above, and their older non-aerosol sprays. I haven't yet used any tire shine for the Focus though.
'14 Escape 2.0t
reldridge,Feb 28 2006, 04:29 AM Wrote:I've been using Stoner's Invisible Glass and Eagle One 20/20 for the last year. How does it compare for you?

Ryan
[right][snapback]172539[/snapback][/right]

where can I buy some?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Feb 28 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:
reldridge,Feb 28 2006, 04:29 AM Wrote:I've been using Stoner's Invisible Glass and Eagle One 20/20 for the last year. How does it compare for you?

Ryan
[right][snapback]172539[/snapback][/right]

where can I buy some?
[right][snapback]172740[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Any Canadian Tire, they're $6.99.
'14 Escape 2.0t