Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash Freeze Warning For Toronto Area
So they have a flash freeze warning on this morning.

+4C and raining to -5C and f**ked.

let me know how the drive is this morning guys, time to go make a bowl of oatmeal and do my workout.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

p.s. I'm up at 5am, not of my own choice, but because all my windows are shaking (bowing in and out rapidly) violently in their frames.

It sounds like I"m living in a tin can filled with ball bearings......

I just might snap today

i just tried to go to work and the cops have pretty much all the roads closed for my various routes to work .. can't get wasaga to go through there or through barrie

the snow is blowing really bad right now .... country life is Great!
Below Average Car Club
Did the Army come to visit? :D

I was up at 6, out shovelling by 6:15, and was done by about 7:10. That's 75% of my driveway, shovelled double-wide in some spots.

But then again, I'm a crazy bastard. I shovel faster than the guy down the street can clear his driveway with a snowblower. I'm not sure how much we got last night, but the drifts alone were a foot and some high in places in the driveway, and at least 1 1/2 feet around the car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Toronto itself has ZERO snow and the streets are dry... it's the northern areas that are sacked.

but the wind... SOMEONE STOP THE WIND!!!

Out in Mississauga this morning it's just been blizzard, sunshine, blizzard, sunshine for the past two hours :blink:

and the temp is supposed to drop to -5c by the afternoon... holy frack...

As to the wind? I didn't notice it in my place beacuse I have the FAN 'O DOOM running in my place after the flood :(

NefCanuck
Yeah the wind is pretty violent here to. The power cables seemed to have gone up a few dozen guages :blink: Thats some power loss waiting to happen.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
We had freezing rain at, oh.... 3AM (thank you neighbours and your ghetto tincan siding!!! :angry: ) but thankfully, somehow, it didn't crust and cover the top of the new-fallen snow. Shovelling was long and tedious... at least a foot deep to 2ft depending on the area of the driveway, but not overly labourous.

Nothing on the lines here, no power blips so far.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
My car was stuck in a block of ice in georgetown.... pretty sweet.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 17 2006, 10:22 AM Wrote:My car was stuck in a block of ice in georgetown....  pretty sweet.
[right][snapback]171024[/snapback][/right]

Yipes, how long did it take you to get the car outta that? :blink:

Days like this I thank god I have indoor parking both at home & at work :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Duplicate post :(

TGIF...

NefCanuck
yeah I had fun with the flash freeze at work this morning as I was at window today. when I left my car made some odd sounds when I hit the unlock button and you could head the ice breaking round the doors as I opened it to get into the car, and there was no ice on the car at all when I left.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
NefCanuck,Feb 17 2006, 10:05 AM Wrote:Out in Mississauga this morning it's just been blizzard, sunshine, blizzard, sunshine for the past two hours :blink:[right][snapback]171019[/snapback][/right]

Same here in Hamilton... *looks outside* Yup... it's sunny now! :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
yeah, we had a very interesting thunderstorm in toronto lastnight... I saw the flashes, but didn't hear anything for the first hour or two... so I thought, 'damn, some snowplow has a really bright light!'.... then the power blipped a couple of times, and then the booming started around 10:30.

this weather is nuts. end of the world I tells ya!

its armageddon .. everyone flea the country
Below Average Car Club
The wind here on the south shore of montrÃal in insane! The store's front door won't stay closed and I could very barely keep my car on the highway on my way to work this morning...
schade,Feb 17 2006, 11:58 AM Wrote:its armageddon .. everyone flea the country
[right][snapback]171063[/snapback][/right]

"Flea the country? Got an itch to travel Schade? :lol:

NefCanuck
*yawn*
Just woke up. Glad I didn't shovel the snow that fell the day before...it's all melted now :)
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
jcarle,Feb 17 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:The wind here on the south shore of montrÃal in insane! The store's front door won't stay closed and I could very barely keep my car on the highway on my way to work this morning...
[right][snapback]171066[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it was bad in MTL....we were loading a truck today when the wind hit....temp dropped like a stone. Damn wind tore the shrink and tarp off the crates.....and you ever tried chucking straps over a load when it's windy like that...not easy lol. Had to use a forklift to get someone up there to hold 'em.

Cold I tell ya, COLD!!!!! Windchill was -30....brrrrrrr

Mike.
Today has been pretty cold in Burlytown... and it hasn't been a very good week :(