Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Winter Tire/rims
Hey all, hope all is well... been a while. My winter beater just lost its clutch and I'm going to put the SVT on the road for the balance of the winter. I am under the impression that 16" rims from a focus will fit over the SVT brakes... true? The only reason I would care is that I am also under the impression that 17" winter rubber is significantly more expensive than 16"... true?

SVT winter drivers... what have you gone with and why?

Thanks in advance.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
True and True. I use a set of 16" five spokes from an 03 Focus using 205/50/16 Mich. X-Ice with out any issues. And yes as I'm sure you know, as tire diameter increases, so does cost of the tire (I can't remember what brand, but my dealer quoted me something stupid like $1000 for 4 17" winter tires). Theres a guy selling 16" wheels off an SVT Contour in the Buy & Sell section which will also clear the brakes if your interested, but you could probably find factory Focus 16s cheaper, or 16s from a 99-02 FWD Couger are also said to work on the SVTF.
what winter? im using 225 wide summer tires on the rota. usualy it would not be useable and stay parked but this winter as been a complete joke.

I dunno if its worth getting them as we have less than a month left here of winter?

do my car payment and drive my car for the rest of winter, im heading to hawaii anyway for a bit. :P

-Marc

(to stay on topic, 16 fit and as far as winter tire I suggest a cheap knobby one as I learned at my own expense that winter down here in london is too mild and you eat away ice designed tire. aka blizzak, the warm weather and lack of snow make em melt like bubble gun)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Scoobasteve has some 16's for sale w/ winter tires in the for sale section :D
Thanks, I sent steve a PM.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Tire+wheel Package Deal - $1,000 Kalos 33 10,661 11-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Last Post: CanadaSVT