Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M3 Mirrors With Led Turn Signals
has anyone on here installed these on their focus
and i was wondering where the best place to run the wiring from the turn signals would be
E.O MASIV
My friend has the mirrors with LED turn signals from a Freestar on his Yamaha FZ1. He cut the glass to fit the factory Yamaha size.
If nobody can answer the wiring question I'll ask him. He knows everything and I know nothing :(
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
05blackzx5,Jan 31 2006, 01:20 AM Wrote:has anyone on here installed these on their focus
and i was wondering where the best place to run the wiring from the turn signals would be
[right][snapback]167662[/snapback][/right]

The best place would probably be to splice them into the signals in your headlights since they have both the running light (for the blue LEDs) and signal light ( for the amber or white "flashers")

unless somebody knows how you can tap them into the fuse box maybe :unsure:
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
yes the front flashers are your best bet, but please don't hook up the blue to your parking light it's just a crime against humanity. Just have the amber for your turns :)

also the LEDs in these lights are not that bright you might want to upgrade the LEDs if you have free time on your hands
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Its hard trust me i have the M3 mirrors on my car and ive taken my car into 3 different shops and ive explained to them that i only want them to come on when im signaling or hazards beacuse what they want to do is splice into your stock side marker on the front bumper but if you do this the mirror lights wll be on as soon as you turn your lights on they told me they have to do it from the cluster and actully run it off the wire that runs to that lil green light that flashes when ur turning but all 3 shops said it would be hard and costly since you have to rip the dash apart to get to the wires but if anyone knows another way plz let me know as well pm me if possible but the fuse box sounds like it might have a chance.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Use bosch relays alternate the signal from your mirror's flashers if you're worried about affecting the current circuitry of your front flasher.
zx32nv, ive done this, theyre just lasy f***tards, the proper way to do it is just splicing into the ground and minor lights from youir grille blinkers. no need to rip appart the dashboard. tell them to fak off next time
My other ride is your Mom
yes paolo is right this time :) j/k

on the grill turns you will have 3 wires. 1 is constant/parking light 1 is flasher which as the name suggests only come on with flashing. 1 is ground.

To find the right wire you have to be a rocket scientist:

1.get your lights solder on some longer wire or be lazy and just twist them together.
2.pop the hood
3.unplug on of the turns from the connector
4.take the connector and start sticking in your wires from the mirrors until it works the way you want.
6.profit
7.come back here and thank me.

thank you come again.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I have them. I found them really easy to hook up. I only use the white ones for my flashers because it is illegal to have the blue ones on. I ran the wires through my doors to the inside of the car, then through the firewall and spliced them into my bumper lights. It takes a full day to do it because you have to take off alot of stuff but in the end, its really worth it. I love them
redZX3,Feb 11 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:I have them. I found them really easy to hook up. I only use the white ones for my flashers because it is illegal to have the blue ones on. I ran the wires through my doors to the inside of the car, then through the firewall and spliced them into my bumper lights. It takes a full day to do it because you have to take off alot of stuff but in the end, its really worth it. I love them
[right][snapback]169781[/snapback][/right]

Any chance of pics of this mod? :ph34r:

Cheers.

Mike.
Thanks nass and paolo great help maybe if i get enough courage ill try it myself and Scorpion heres a pic of them in carbon fiber

[Image: P1020copy.jpg]
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car