Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Opinions
its a 2-way deal, both parties involved will benefit. Dan, you will benefit from going to a nobody to a somebody, well technically, your not a nobody to us, but your sport is pretty much new... Rogers wants to promote the ROKR phones, and have chosen what I feel the best market to do it with, the athletic get up and go croud.. This definately fits in, as I cant picture anyone else filling in this spot other than the man Danno himself. You will probaly be very well off in life if u think about if u really wanna contribute this much to parkour, you will probaly get recognized very easily for your progresses
My other ride is your Mom
IMHO Dan if you can't live with yourself by doing the job then don’t. The money won't make any difference if you proudly say what you do.

If it was me though I would take it see the country on someone else’s $$ hell yeah!
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Dan, still don't know you well enough to say do it or don't..but i'm just gonna say that what you have been offered is something that you should jump on. It's something i would jump on if parkour was in my field...So say yes, have fun, and enjoy yourself
In your shoes, given the facts as you outline. I would say that it would be foolish to turn down this opportunity.

It's exposure for yourself and good money, doing something that you love to do. I'd call that a win/win situation for you, esp. since you can negotiate other deals for non-competing things (shoes, etc.)

But whatever we say, it's you that has to be happy with any decision that you make.

NefCanuck
I just wish I could get paid to do something I loved.
Not a big fan of Rogers, but as far as I know they don't own sweatshops or kill anyone who tries to better the working conditions like some shoe companies we all recognize.
Besides, I think the exposure might do you some good. I've looked at the website you've had on here and I still don't have a clue what it is. :)

P.S. I thing OAC_Sparky has a crush on the Peek Freans gal.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Jan 26 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:P.S. I thing OAC_Sparky has a crush on the Peek Freans gal.
[right][snapback]167186[/snapback][/right]
:hitit:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
go for it dan you won't be the first, and otherwise someone else will jump the boat

Video of vegas cellphone ad Urban running

Sponsor Company

There not so much commercials rather helping promote the sport and the phones.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
I'd say go for it Dan, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see our great country, do something you truly love and get paid for it at the same time. Not many of us will ever have that chance so go for it and enjoy it :)

The good thing is, you get to do it with friend's and that's a huge plus B)

Also looking forward to seeing the commercial and everything B)
My Mom Says I'm Special
all of us Rogers guys on here seem to agree, just ask myself, Scooba Steve, or heck, even Raine (AL) will gladly tell you its a oppurtunaty u dont wanna give up on, otherwise if u sy no, you will see a dan-look a like in the next commercial and bang ur head saying that coulda been me.
all of us Rogers guys on here seem to agree, just ask myself, Scooba Steve, or heck, even Raine (AL) will gladly tell you its a oppurtunaty u dont wanna give up on, otherwise if u sy no, you will see a dan-look a like in the next commercial and bang ur head saying that coulda been me.
ahhaha a dan look-alike.
Well I still have to negotiate the final things with them next week, and have my lawyer review it for me... but Ill keep you guys posted.

You rogers employees HAVE TO, have to get me some instore posters and pictures and stuff that I can keep. I dont want to go have to steal my own picture and parkour my way out of there..... :/
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jan 28 2006, 01: Wrote:ahhaha a dan look-alike.
Well I still have to negotiate the final things with them next week, and have my lawyer review it for me... but Ill keep you guys posted.

You rogers employees HAVE TO, have to get me some instore posters and pictures and stuff that I can keep. I dont want to go have to steal my own picture and parkour my way out of there..... :/
[right][snapback]167321[/snapback][/right]

i hope ur not the guy who steals the poster ads off the subways.. if u are, im very pissed.. all i can say is keep up the good work :) haha, suway ads rock
money = win
Dan
I dont steal them .. But I was stupid with my first contract with Rogers and never even thought about the final product at all!!!!

So in turn I dont get the ads of myself.... SO!.. Im trying to find another way.

If I really have to go as low as to steal a picture of myself, I will. I dont see it as that bad anyways... =P... While I steal the picture Rogers is making thousands of dollars anyways.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Just do it.

The thing is that the people who are successful doing the things they love doing are the ones that are able to commercialize it the best.

'selling out' is just a term the jealous use to try to mitigate their own failures.

ok, maybe not THAT severe... but to a degree, you get my point. You either move forward or someone else will..

Unless your sport has some sort of altruistic greater good we're not aware of, I honestly don't see how you would have a moral objection against doing this. You get out, you start making a name for yourself, you build a resume that you leverage towards your own goals... and you make some good money.

win-win.

hell, I'll jump off a building for $10,000... we have health care!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'd steal you pictures...

but there arent any here in my office.

Do it up!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Sellout for teh win! Sounds too good to pass up.
go for it Dan, make your dad proud ;)

also aren't you tired of installing fire extinguishers j/k

go for something you love and also make sure you play it smart. This is a new thing and everyone and their mother will be after you. So go for it.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

haha I dont install .. I would never!! =P
Ive been doing inspections at the downsview gov buildings the last month for him because they needed an extra night worker. Ugh. I hate fire protection, its so dumb.

Darkpuppet... nope the sport doesnt... My only real moral objection is Rogers. For any other company I dont even think I would have thought twice. (Edit ok ok .. microsoft, walmart, etc etc.. theres a few more then just Rogers)

I had to edit out numbers from the first post because that could bite me in the ass in so many ways! Lots of jealous people out there indeed.

Im suppost to talk to them again this week.. ill let you guys know...