Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***updated: Install Pics***parts Came In!
look what came in yesterday

FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race header and FS 2.5 flex pipe

[Image: IMG_1414.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1416.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1415.jpg]

install begins in a few hours along with my new plug wires and cover.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
cograts times 3

and fs makes a 2.5" flex pipe? i thought it was 2.25"?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ahhahah
the site was running super slow and after i hit 'submit', it said page could not be found, so i kept clicking back and then submitting
lol
eihter way ill have pics tonigh of the install

found a hoist, so no working on my back!!!

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Nice!

Get ready for L O U D !

I think the 2.25" flex would have been fine, since I am assuming that your exhaust is 2.25". Now you will have 2.5" flow running into a 2.25" flange.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Jan 25 2006, 08:26 PM Wrote:Nice!

Get ready for L O U D !

I think the 2.25" flex would have been fine, since I am assuming that your exhaust is 2.25".  Now you will have 2.5" flow running into a 2.25" flange.
[right][snapback]166988[/snapback][/right]

They *should* line up just fine.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
the FS flex is 2.25"

just a heads up, have a oxy-ace torch handy as you will more likely than not need it to heat all the bolts up red hot in order to remove them.

let me know how it goes...
ZX3TUNING,Jan 25 2006, 09:57 PM Wrote:the FS flex is 2.25"

just a heads up, have a oxy-ace torch handy as you will more likely than not need it to heat all the bolts up red hot in order to remove them.

let me know how it goes...
[right][snapback]167011[/snapback][/right]

went great, had access to the oxy-ace, if not we'd still be there. heat some bolts and one O2 sensor, plus the egr bung and cut someother ones right off to save some trouble. hoist was helpful too. cost me $45 at this garage to use the hoist for three hours and another $6 to use the torch. they had any and every tool we needed. i didnt have time to take pics, but ill take some and post them up tomorrow.

Another happy ZX3tuning customer!!!! :)

now if i can only find some money for that powerworks blower and the JMS lip kit!!!!

hows the sound?
Below Average Car Club
schade,Jan 26 2006, 02:35 AM Wrote:hows the sound?
[right][snapback]167034[/snapback][/right]

Im curious too! It's been almost a day now!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Jan 26 2006, 07:24 AM Wrote:
schade,Jan 26 2006, 02:35 AM Wrote:hows the sound?
[right][snapback]167034[/snapback][/right]
Im curious too! It's been almost a day now!
[right][snapback]167037[/snapback][/right]

LOUD!!!!
kinda fartcanish
running no cat right now
il take a video when i get home from work

heres some pics

no hating on the dirty engine, it'll be clean when it warms up.

[Image: IMG_1419.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1420.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1421.jpg]

Wanna trade spark plug covers? you have a red intake....blue would look really nice.. :P ..thats what I have, Im going for a all black look in my engine bay.
ZX5focused,Jan 26 2006, 09:05 PM Wrote:[Image: IMG_1420.jpg]

ok quick off topic question.. did they change the accel/cruise control cable throughout the years cause mine is routed totally different and I've noticed that everyone else's is shorter than mine :blink:

here is a pic for reference:

[Image: CIMG1425.jpg]

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Flofocus,Jan 26 2006, 04:06 PM Wrote:Wanna trade spark plug covers?  you have a red intake....blue would look really nice.. :P ..thats what I have, Im going for a all black look in my engine bay.
[right][snapback]167130[/snapback][/right]
lol i like the black, i dunno how long the intake is gonna stay red.
lol

ZX5focused,Jan 26 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 26 2006, 04:06 PM Wrote:Wanna trade spark plug covers?  you have a red intake....blue would look really nice.. :P ..thats what I have, Im going for a all black look in my engine bay.
[right][snapback]167130[/snapback][/right]
lol i like the black, i dunno how long the intake is gonna stay red.
lol
[right][snapback]167135[/snapback][/right]

BOOOERNS!!! :ph34r:
OH MY GOD THAT ENGINE BAY IS FILTHY....ooops, did i just "hate" on the dirty engine thing....MY BAD.....

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Congrats!!

Looks good....How long did it take you?
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Jan 26 2006, 09:12 PM Wrote:Congrats!!

[right][snapback]167176[/snapback][/right]
after spending 20 mins try to get the heatsheild off, total time was 3 hrs, had some problems getting an o2 sensor out and the bung for the egr off and then getting the egr pipe to connect to the header.

wasnt too bad, had a hoist and an oxy-ace torch.

ZX5focused,Jan 27 2006, 02:16 AM Wrote:
EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Jan 26 2006, 09:12 PM Wrote:Congrats!!

[right][snapback]167176[/snapback][/right]
after spending 20 mins try to get the heatsheild off, total time was 3 hrs, had some problems getting an o2 sensor out and the bung for the egr off and then getting the egr pipe to connect to the header.

wasnt too bad, had a hoist and an oxy-ace torch.
[right][snapback]167177[/snapback][/right]

man I think it took my 3 hours alone to get that bastard EGR bung off I didn't have anything that would grab and turn it before hitting something :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Jan 26 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:man I think it took my 3 hours alone to get that bastard EGR bung off I didn't have anything that would grab and turn it before hitting something :(
[right][snapback]167179[/snapback][/right]
thats where the hoist came in handy.