Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harness Bar... Interested?
well because this was turned off because Matt from PW didn't have enough posts i'm posting it for him as he asked me to sell these for him in Canada....

[Image: harness-bar.JPG]

[Image: harness-bar-rear.JPG]

Camera mount is not included. 3-dr shown. 5-dr is similar ... the B-pillar tabs go further rearward and the cross-tube ends are bent at more of an angle. The bar shown is set-up for a bolt-down Y-harness (NHRA requirement). Most road racing orgs (SCCA, etc) require a H-harness (wrap around style). My point - the cross-bar won't come with any specific harness attachment schemes ... wrap around is the easiest.

Cross-bar (1.25" OD x 0.083 DOM) attaches to some custom standoffs (supplied) on the B-pillar that replace the seat belt slider track lower bolt. A clearance hole needs to be drilled into the plastic trim cover.
The uprights (1" OD x 0.065 DOM) attach to the rear seat belt receiver attachment holes (once receivers removed) with supplied bolts. The entire thing bolts in/out in about 10 minutes.
All mounting plates are 1/4" thick steel. 1/8" thick tabs on the cross-bar for the upper upright mounts. It will be powerdcoated black in production.

If this potential product interests you ... please post and i'll answer any questions you may have.
Not to sure why this is in Appearance?? <_<

Moving to performance!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thanks Mitch!
'04 Competition Orange 5dr Euro SVT - powerworks R&D Eng
Hmm damn about 2 months late i returned my seats and harness, how much would this run a guy for a 5 door? I may be in the market for seats again this summer.
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
you don't need seats for a bar like this. because of how fast you can remove it you can use it with your stock seats.

also unless you have FIA/NHRA/SCCA approved seats, you'd probably have to use your stock seats for racing anyways.

Price on these is going to be around $340cnd plus shipping at tax. harness is extra as is the camera mount.
i should clarify because some people just do not seem to understand.

these are NEW units.
Matt from PW is making a small batch run of about 50 units and is selling them privately to racers in the US.

Matt contacted me about this bar a while back and before that i taked to him about it at Sema. i suggested he post it on here but that thread was locked due to his lack of posts.

Matt asked me if i knew of anyone in canada interested and i said yes. after talking with him for a while, i am now selling them for matt in Canada.

again, these are brand new units. price will be $340cnd plus shipping and tax. you can buy from me or directly from Matt... it's up to you. :)
For the record, I don't have a problem with these being sold, so long as it's done through the right channels.

I sorta wish Matt had opened a dialogue with me to avoid this kind of confusion. But I'm happy that Mitch is able to offer these bars as they appear to be very solid units and of decent quality (since when has PW ever let us down?).

On that note, I'm going to move this over to the marketplace. If anyone is interested in these units, please get in touch with Mitch and I'm sure he'll be able to hook you all up.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jan 27 2006, 02:16 PM Wrote:I sorta wish Matt had opened a dialogue with me to avoid this kind of confusion.

Next time I won't be so lazy and I'll figure out the proper proceedures :unsure:

Thanks for the support!
'04 Competition Orange 5dr Euro SVT - powerworks R&D Eng