Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Or Not!
Ok!

I want to get a the Roush Turbo kit this summer but should I? I need to fill out the big front bumper mouth with a nice intercooler! :lol:

My Focus has around 125km on it and my third gear is a little facked.

Should I get it anywheres???

Opinion are all welcome! :lol:
Turbo arrived!
JUST FAWKIN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what do you mean by alittle f**ked?

If you go turbo, i'd say find a new tranny aswell as it won't fix itself down the road
Below Average Car Club
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:JUST FAWKIN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P
[right][snapback]165714[/snapback][/right]

I knew you would of said that!!!! You just want to install a turbo in my car! :lol: But if everything go well...Im going to have it in begin summer...so...Hope you get a house and a garage and we can install that bad boy.

Quote:what do you mean by alittle f**ked?

If you go turbo, i'd say find a new tranny aswell as it won't fix itself down the road

Well, it's only my sincro...so..it's not the full tranny.
Turbo arrived!
125km aint bad at all, Turbo it!

BUT for Cost/Performance if your just getting a kit the PW kit from ZX3Tuning is something you should really take a look at as an alternative.

hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:125km aint bad at all, Turbo it!

BUT for Cost/Performance if your just getting a kit the PW kit from ZX3Tuning is something you should really take a look at as an alternative.
[right][snapback]165719[/snapback][/right]

But, is the PW a s/c? I want a Turbo.
Turbo arrived!
bah turbo :P

With the PW kit your still going to give Nate a run for his money.....but yes the torque on a turbo is what makes me sad when I drive my car...cuz it doesn't have an awfull lot :(
I just want to keep up with Nate...ok...maybe beat him! :lol: ;)
Turbo arrived!
hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 05:12 PM Wrote:bah turbo :P

[right][snapback]165726[/snapback][/right]

Only way to go man. :D

You should have never gotten rid of your 1st setup. :P ;)
Im pretty sure im going to go with the Roush. It's a good deal and good enough power out of the box so...
Turbo arrived!
I would do the Roush kit.
ZX3TUNR,Jan 18 2006, 06:45 PM Wrote:I would do the Roush kit.
[right][snapback]165748[/snapback][/right]

Im pretty sure im going with it...I gave have a pretty good deal so.
Turbo arrived!
I liek my turbo :lol: and nate wont run me :angry: oh well maybe next year :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 06:10 PM Wrote:...You should have never gotten rid of your 1st setup.  :P  ;)
[right][snapback]165742[/snapback][/right]

My 1st setup was little more than some nice painted scrap pipes attached to a turbo. It needed too much work and damnit I just wanted to drive it, happy with the s/c thus far....wish for the TQ, but the 1/4 mile times are half decent reguardless of the seat of the pants feel.

DD1,Jan 18 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:I liek my turbo :lol:  and nate wont run me :angry:  oh well maybe next year :P
[right][snapback]165759[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I'll run ya.....I need practice before I can start talking s**t though :P
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:
DD1,Jan 18 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:I liek my turbo :lol:  and nate wont run me :angry:  oh well maybe next year :P
[right][snapback]165759[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I'll run ya.....I need practice before I can start talking s**t though :P
[right][snapback]165796[/snapback][/right]

I can give you lots of practice about talkin s**t.

Don, your car is so slow I could drag an elevator behind mine and still beat you with time to drink all your beer.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
What kind of setup should I get??? I mean, should I keep the same PSI that the kit give or upgrade it right away.

What kind of gauge would I need??
Turbo arrived!
The roush kit is pretty good and comes with everything you need, i'm not sure how the tune is.

Your gonna want a boost gauge, and perhaps a wideband a/f gauge. Maybe oil temp/oil pressure gauges both relatively important when your externalizing the oil. You can determine if you've "sprung a leak" :P

Theres a guy on FF selling a complete brand new focuspower kit, with full 2.5" exhaust and pro racer package. Everything is brand new the guy said he never installed it.....
hardk0re,Jan 19 2006, 10:53 AM Wrote:The roush kit is pretty good and comes with everything you need, i'm not sure how the tune is.

Your gonna want a boost gauge, and perhaps a wideband a/f gauge.  Maybe oil temp/oil pressure gauges both relatively important when your externalizing the oil.  You can determine if you've "sprung a leak" :P

Theres a guy on FF selling a complete brand new focuspower kit, with full 2.5" exhaust and pro racer package.  Everything is brand new the guy said he never installed it.....
[right][snapback]165840[/snapback][/right]

ok, with the Roush kit is it all bolt on?? So, this kit could be install in weekend?

I'll need boost gauge and oil gauge...are the digital one better?
Turbo arrived!
Id add a AF wideband on that to for guauges.....That was 1 of my mistakes.

Yeah, WE can install it in a week-end. :P :lol: