Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Slimsride,Jan 8 2006, 06:09 AM Wrote:
habmann,Jan 7 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 7 2006, 06:17 PM Wrote:where do you guys go to get these installed?

and how much are you expected to fork out to get it all put in?
[right][snapback]163712[/snapback][/right]

I had my mechanic put in my FK coilovers, and i only paid $300 cash.
[right][snapback]163719[/snapback][/right]

hmmm, how much did i pay hmmm lets see..

$187.00 for the springs tax included
and um..

$8 bucks to install them....see, i did it myself since i'm a master mechanic ( in my own head anyhow)

[right][snapback]163730[/snapback][/right]

ok I am curious to know what the $8 was for? :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
what has to be done to get these things actually installed?

do you need a spring compressor?

how did it cost your $8 to have them installed?

jsut wondering I have been meaning to stick mine in for a very long time!"
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
nass,Jan 8 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Jan 8 2006, 06:09 AM Wrote:
habmann,Jan 7 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 7 2006, 06:17 PM Wrote:where do you guys go to get these installed?

and how much are you expected to fork out to get it all put in?
[right][snapback]163712[/snapback][/right]

I had my mechanic put in my FK coilovers, and i only paid $300 cash.
[right][snapback]163719[/snapback][/right]

hmmm, how much did i pay hmmm lets see..

$187.00 for the springs tax included
and um..

$8 bucks to install them....see, i did it myself since i'm a master mechanic ( in my own head anyhow)

[right][snapback]163730[/snapback][/right]

ok I am curious to know what the $8 was for? :)
[right][snapback]163769[/snapback][/right]

I have an AUTO HOBBY club here on the military base i live on...and to use one of the bays..(with a lift) is like 3 bucks and change an hour....and it took me just under 2 hours to do it, but my car didn't like the lift..nothing was lining up right..took me half an hour to get the lift in the right spots...FAWK...

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 8 2006, 03:06 PM Wrote:what has to be done to get these things actually installed?

Patience, and a little elbow grease, it wasnt' a hard job at all.  all i can say is look at it, see how it's put together and ONLY remove or loosen that is necessary for  the job at hand...YOU DON'T NEED TO REMOVE YOUR WHOLE ROTOR AND CALIPER ASSEMBLY...2 big bolts (on the front strut)  I SHOULD MENTION THAT YOU'LL NEED A  WRENCH ON THE BACK OF THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE BRACKET ON THE STRUT. and 3 smaller ones (under the hood) a rubber mallet is handy...for a little more elbow grease. All i can say again is TAKE YOUR TIME, and study the job prior to doing any work...

do you need a spring compressor?

Yes you do...for the fronts anyhow...if you can find a place with one mounted on the wall  this is alot safer then the other kind..as for the rears..i used a transmission jack to compress the spring. And a slight bit of compression..you dont' need to squish the s**t outta it....you do have to undo your rear stabalizer bar...notice i said undo not REMOVE....just remove the two bolts that connect the stab bar to the suspension and push it down and outta the way....it may be a bit stiff but it'll move....compress the spring slightly...and undo the bolt....release the jack slowly again it may be stuck or stick..but a crow bar or a long sturdy screwdriver with do the trick....hold on to the spring and pull the suspension arm further down the spring will pop out without  problem...take the rubber ring off the old one, put it on the new one..and install it in the reverse order of this.  PIECE OF CAKE.

how did it cost your $8 to have them installed?

see post ABOVE

jsut wondering I have been meaning to stick mine in for a very long time!"
[right][snapback]163822[/snapback][/right]
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
ZX5focused,Jan 8 2006, 12:05 PM Wrote:looks sweet!!!
must be nice to do it to a newer car and not have to worry about seized bolts!!
[right][snapback]163764[/snapback][/right]

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER....i can't imagine guys doing this maybe 1 or 2 years after the fact....
Mods so far:
Looks nice, but it belongs in the Performance section :P

So with that much of a drop, how long before he gets new dampers? :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Ford should have made that the stock ride height of this car. Looks so clean at that height. I hate when I can fist my wheel gap.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Hows the ride feel? I for one love those springs, they feel so tight in the twisties but then smooth enough for the daily drive.
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
05zx5,Jan 9 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:Hows the ride feel? I for one love those springs, they feel so tight in the twisties but then smooth enough for the daily drive.
[right][snapback]164069[/snapback][/right]

Surpisingly the ride is awesome...like i haven't changed a thing. For a manufacturer i have never heard of, the product is pretty good. Now, i'll have to see how these last, and what it'll be like in 6 months. But, right now...awesome.

Mods so far:
cool good job the car came out perfect!

how much did it drop it? no more wheel gap which is how any car has to be.. bye bye to SUV HEIGHT!

if I were to get them installed professionally, how much would that be ringing me? I am VERY bored of them sitting in my room!

Yeah i was a little scared to buy them at first because i've simply never heard of the company but for the price i'm very impressed. i've had mine in for about 5 months now i think, ride hasn't changed at all. still love it.

As far as getting them installed by a shop, i made a few calls and most shops were looking at 150-200. complete rip off! i've always done my own installs, but with these i went to a buddy at his shop did it for 50 bucks :D
05zx5,Jan 10 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:As far as getting them installed by a shop, i made a few calls and most shops were looking at 150-200. complete rip off! i've always done my own installs, but with these i went to a buddy at his shop did it for 50 bucks :D
[right][snapback]164077[/snapback][/right]

hear here I have never gotten anything installed by others, saved $2000 I did, yup, I did!

its always lucky when you have a friend who works for a paving company and they have built in hydraulic floor lifts into the ground, welding machines, air compressors.. the frickin works, maybe I should try and get my springs installed there!

Don't forget to get the alingment checked after any suspension work!
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Jan 10 2006, 02:43 AM Wrote:Don't forget to get the alingment checked after any suspension work!
[right][snapback]164093[/snapback][/right]

Yes very important, i got lazy after swapping my springs out and never got around to an alignment for 2 months, my tires wore so uneven i had to get new ones :angry:
05zx5,Jan 10 2006, 03:01 AM Wrote:
dBlast,Jan 10 2006, 02:43 AM Wrote:Don't forget to get the alingment checked after any suspension work!

Yes very important, i got lazy after swapping my springs out and never got around to an alignment for 2 months, my tires wore so uneven i had to get new ones :angry:
[right][snapback]164107[/snapback][/right]

ouch bro. what would they be looking for? not having the wheels on an angle correct? a camber kit is not required when lowering a Focus correct?

That turned out really good! Post some more pics when ya get some better ones.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks really good. And a Canadian Manufacturer? Cool!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
05zx5,Jan 9 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]164107[/snapback][/right]

Well my appointment for my alignment is thursday the 19th...so it's only a week and a bit...i won't be going very far with my car until then anyhow...i'm sure this little amount of time won't do much ..i hope
Mods so far:
05zx5,Jan 9 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:Yeah i was a little scared to buy them at first because i've simply never heard of the company but for the price i'm very impressed. i've had mine in for about 5 months now i think, ride hasn't changed at all. still love it.

As far as getting them installed by a shop, i made a few calls and most shops were looking at 150-200. complete rip off! i've always done my own installs, but with these i went to a buddy at his shop did it for 50 bucks :D
[right][snapback]164077[/snapback][/right]

I still have ya beat buddy...8 bucks for my install...come on...anyone? anyone? try and beat that...BWHAHAHHAHAHHAAH
Mods so far:
I was interested to get those before, like last Nov. I send an email ( sales@canuckmotorsports.com ) and ask for spring rate.

Front 135
Rear 175

I am planning to get those because I hate the way my sportline sit ( Front sitting very low compare to the back). After looking at those pic I am really want to get them because it sit more even.
JMS US spec front lip, Rieger R-RX side skirts, Rieger R-RX rear apron, European rear bumper, European tail lights, RPMlabs grill, Painted side mirrors cover, H4 HID kit, Lamin-X yellow fogs, shorty antenna, Loder1899 replica rear spoiler, weathertech window delfector, Injen short ram air box, FC UDP pulley, FC 65mm TB, Focussport race header, Focussport flex, magnaflow hi-flow cat, MBRP catback, SCT Xcal2, ford racing spark plug wire, Tein S-tech, FK Damper kit, Eibach rear camber kit, Focussport strut bar, Painted valve cover, TeamDynamic pro race 1.2 17", Kumho SPT 205/45/17, Hawk HP, brembo blank rotors, Russell SS brakelines, Motul dot 5.1, Recaro replica seats on Recaro seat base, KKM shift surround, In-dash 7" DVD player, Tein Damper-chi doll!!