Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring Issues.
Hey Guys.

I have alternator noise in my seakers. I've checked all connectons in the deck and amp and am still experiencing it.

What causes it and how can I fix it?

Also, I have a new 4-channel amp and for some reason it;s only working as a 2-channel. It's all set properly (the guys at Radiactive looked at it) and it's not getting signal from one set of the rca's. (so he says) The fader doesn't work either. :blink:

I don't fully understand it, and I don't want to go and have my car ripped apart again to spend more money on something I can probably do myself or with the help of one of you guys.

Anyone with knowledge available for an hour this week?

Bunny? Feel like a drive down to Burlington?:lol:

Frustrated. :angry:
ANTHONYD,Jan 3 2006, 07:37 PM Wrote:Hey Guys.

I have alternator noise in my seakers. I've checked all connectons in the deck and amp and am still experiencing it.

What causes it and how can I fix it?

Also, I have a new 4-channel amp and for some reason it;s only working as a 2-channel. It's all set properly (the guys at Radiactive looked at it) and it's not getting signal from one set of the rca's. (so he says) The fader doesn't work either.  :blink:

I don't fully understand it, and I don't want to go and have my car ripped apart again to spend more money on something I can probably do myself or with the help of one of you guys.

Anyone with knowledge available for an hour this week?

Bunny? Feel like a drive down to Burlington?:lol:

Frustrated. :angry:
[right][snapback]163118[/snapback][/right]

go on msn
check your ground make sure it's a proper ground, make sure the ground cable is atleast the same gauge your power is and make sure it is under 18"

for your RCA's check the back of your deck make sure they're all plugged in. Your deck might have a sub output too maybe one pair got plugged into there. The might be a break in the RCA I would double check that the RCAs are indeed fine. Umm what else some amps have RCAs for input and for output... gains? double check each amp actually turns on could be that bad ground that's causing it.

that's a few things off the top of my head letme know if anything helped
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
anthony you fuk...go on msn
microbunny,Jan 3 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:anthony you fuk...go on msn
[right][snapback]163123[/snapback][/right]

I'm on msn
ANTHONYD,Jan 3 2006, 09:05 PM Wrote:

I'm on msn
[right][snapback]163138[/snapback][/right]

sorry!
microbunny,Jan 4 2006, 02:40 AM Wrote:

I'm on msn

sorry!
[right][snapback]163145[/snapback][/right]

lets not make this a private party.. what's the update!
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Check the voltage at the sub's power/ground inlet and see if it's getting enough voltage. I've heard of some amps only powering 2 channels on so much voltage.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
nass,Jan 3 2006, 09:52 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jan 4 2006, 02:40 AM Wrote:

I'm on msn

sorry!
[right][snapback]163145[/snapback][/right]

lets not make this a private party.. what's the update!
[right][snapback]163148[/snapback][/right]

We are working on the situation!@
Okay...rca's are solved.... Now for the alternator whine.
I used to get that in my old Bronco, but never had it in the Focus.

Is it the standard "pitch goes up when you rev the engine" whine?

If so, you might need a magnetic line filter on your main power to your deck.

Is your deck driven off the factory harness or a different power feed?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
How much are these filters?

It's an aftermarket harness. It's definitly a connection because it wasn't buzzing until I messed with the deck placement in the dash and the amp connections.
You should be able to get them at any half-decent store that sells car audio, and even crappy tire had them before... but I can't remember for the life of me if they still do.

Oh, and can we get Fast Reply for the Technobabble subforums? Please?

EDIT - so it's not powered off the same 12V feed as the one that fed the stock deck? I should have clarified by saying "alternate 12V feed" or "12V from factory wiring into a harness adapter".

Also, check your grounds. 9 times out of 10, I can be forgetful and forget that buzzing is more than likely the ground and not the 12V positive feed. :rolleyes: Sorry dude, brain fart.

anthony, are you using those crappy dollar store RCA's or a nice $20 pair of Shielded RCA or twisted Pair RCA's? that usually solvs many problems, if u have time, do a little experiment, if your AMP is picking up alternator while, take your deck out, but dont disconnect the wiring except for the RCA's , find a temporary set of RCAs and run them back into your amp to eliminate your in-car rca run, if the whine goes away, your wires are picking up whine from within your cars floor, possibly the factory wiring in the floor of the car.
My other ride is your Mom
the problem is the ground that he has. From what he was telling me last night ( over a lovely candle lit dinner he prepared for us might I add ) when he re locates it there should be no whine.

***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 4 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:the problem is the ground that he has. From what he was telling me last night ( over a lovely candle lit dinner he prepared for us might I add ) when he re locates it there should be no whine.
[right][snapback]163221[/snapback][/right]

Did he at least play a little Barry White? :lol:

Anthony is it fixed? If not message me on msn (malbonese@hotmail.com) because I had tons of alternator whines in my system and I managed to get rid of them!
Turns out one of the harnesses was not "clicked" in all the way. I fiddled around with the RCA cables and ran then more tidy behind the deck.

No more buzz.

However, my 4-channel amp issue that I thought I solved last night is still happening. It for some reason is only running as a 2-channel. I think the wiring job is the cause.

I'll chat with the audio boyz tonight. <_<
So you had a shop drop it all in?

I'd wonder if some of them had the wiring to the RCA inputs connected, and then mashed the amp against a wall or something inside the car... presto, busted inputs without it even showing.

Nope because the other wires work in the amp.