Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Solution.......
Forgive my choice of words.

Enough is enough in Toronto and what happens here WILL happen elsewhere soon or already does to a differing degree. It's already country wide.

If certain "elements" of society feel left out then here is my way to include them:

MANDATORY SERVICE for everyone

It is the norm in many countries, after finishing High School (or similar age if you are a loser already) TWO YEARS mandatory service.

That usually means the military and that is not a bad thing but not for everyone obviously.

In countries where it already happens exceptions are made so that ANYTHING that helps the community rather than shooting holes in it is acceptable. (ex/ a friend of mine in Spain chose working for the Red Cross over the Spanish Army).

Want to live in this country? Join the Army, Boy Scouts, be active in a Church (any religion), work at a shelter, plant trees, work at a charity organization..... ...anything "good" for the community and by default yourself. Do something good, quit your bitching and blaming the people who do already (without force or law) do good for society and make up for the fact you are lazy, uninspireded and lack discipline (and probably a criminal or a potential one).

Those of us who have contributed without asking which includes all races, religions and origins, Everyone in my family were "New Canadians" in the past 500 years to the past 50 and that is f*ck all in the course of time but I'll be damned if I let the slackers wreck it.

Don't get me wrong, the Canadians I respect the most are the recent immigrant families I meet where the family works together long and hard for themselves and the community; they usually do a better job at it than the "whigger" slackers who complain the most, have been here a while or even the have as many exuses as the ones they blame.

If the family "just off the boat" has a better car/ house than you it is not because of their colour it is because the family works together for a common goal and likely the place they came from had the "discipline" I propose, That is nothing more radical than what I grew up with, simply being part of society.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Dec 30 2005, 03:23 AM Wrote:Forgive my choice of words.

Enough is enough in Toronto and what happens here WILL happen elsewhere soon or already does to a differing degree. It's already country wide.

If certain "elements" of society feel left out then here is my way to include them:

MANDATORY SERVICE for everyone

It is the norm in many countries, after finishing High School (or similar age if you are a loser already) TWO YEARS mandatory service.

That usually means the military and that is not a bad thing but not for everyone obviously.

In countries where it already happens exceptions are made so that ANYTHING that helps the community rather than shooting holes in it is acceptable. (ex/ a friend of mine in Spain chose working for the Red Cross over the Spanish Army).

Want to live in this country? Join the Army, Boy Scouts, be active in a Church (any religion), work at a shelter, plant trees, work at a charity organization..... ...anything "good" for the community and by default yourself. Do something good, quit your bitching and blaming the people who do already (without force or law) do good for society and make up for the fact you are lazy, unispireded and lack discipline (and probably a criminal or a potential one).

Those of us who  have contributed without asking which includes all races, religions and origins, Everyone in my family were "New Canadians" in the past 500 years to the past 50 and that is f*ck all in the course of time but I'll be damned if I let the slackers wreck it.

Don't get me wrong, the Canadians I respect the most are the recent immigrant families I meet where the family works together long and hard for themselves and the community; they usually do a better than the slackers who have been here a while.

If the family "just off the boat" has a better car/slash house than you it is not because of their colour it is because the family works together for a common goal and likely the place they came from had the "discipline" I propose, That is nothing more radical than what I grew up, simply being part of society.
[right][snapback]162504[/snapback][/right]

how about Work for Welfare? you want money you gotta work for it like everyone else.... and prisioners should work within the prison maintaining it, cooking and cleaning....
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
It is a great idea to everyone I'm sure but do realize the other name for "National Service" is the "draft" in a way so disciplined that it would make the Americans either jealous or be finally convinced we where Commies.

???????????????????
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
You have my vote, had I never left the UK I would have enlisted in the Royal Navy a family tradition.

Best I can offer now is the two or so hours I give each month at my GF's church.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Amen, brother, amen.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
i completly disagree with part of what your saying. i absolutly hate religion, get rid of that and we'll have less of a problem.

also, i was talking with group of people a month ago and think the final solution to the problem should be to completly get rid of the Canada Act and start fresh. There are too many things in there that help minorities ie: Quebec.

there my solution.
'03 Focus SVT
I'd bet a year's salary that if there was a "MANDATORY SERVICE" gun violence.....alond with immigration would drop quicker than a brick in the pool.

You have my vote.
So, given all that.... I wouldn't have been able to exit highschool and goto College? or get a job at a company that doesn't help the community I live in? I'd have to clean up other peoples mess for 2 years first?

Sounds like crap to me. No vote.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Completely 100% agree that there should be atleast 1-2 years of manditory service... 10000% agree. I dealth with youth 24/7 all last summer and will do it again this summer... and thits just are not the same.

No one is driven, no one is disciplined... we live in a weak society.

I already told my parents to enlist my brother because I think its what he needs to properly grow up.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I was in the military for 10 years.... Best Kick in the ass I have ever got.... Made me realized what a spoiled little brat I was growing up... I'd do it all over again. Plus, not many people my age that can say they've been to 35 different countries.

I still think Canada is the best and that we are very lucky. But there is lots we could use from other countries.
Alex
Good to know I'm not alone, crazy and should maybe get into politics(?).

BTW my Dad was a candidate in the Federal election (of 1956) and actually ran as the NDP candidate in High Park/Swansea! However that was back in the day when NDP=British Labour Party (like Bill Blair is today) not what they are now in Canada under "Jack". My old man was a founder of the NDP but is spinning in his grave right now because they have failed the values he fought for.

This country is worth fighting for whenever threatened be it internally or abroad. If you want "citizen rights" you have to earn it.

The only time I agree with G.W.: "If you are not with us you are against us"

Get caught with a gun and are found not to be on the way to an Olympic shooting try out or sanctioned event..........10 year automatic sentance.

I grew up in a house with 12 rifles and 8 handguns, I can drop someone at half a KM with an open rifle sight, was best on my ship of 300 with a Sterling sub-machine gun, still can build a NATO FN 7.62 in the dark, aim to kill and kill again.

A place like Canada should have a population where "long gun" (rifles and shotguns are allowed) because it is part of our "phyche" but also necessary out of necessecity, subsistance, tradition or even "sport"

Handguns are a different story, they should be banned out right, the only exist to conceal and by default kill.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Dec 31 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:I grew up in a house with 12 rifles and 8 handguns, I can drop someone at half a KM with an open rifle sight, was best on my ship of 300 with a Sterling sub-machine gun, still can build a NATO FN 7.62 in the dark, aim to kill and kill again.
[right][snapback]162599[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure that comes in handy in your day to day life.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Dec 31 2005, 04:06 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Dec 31 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:I grew up in a house with 12 rifles and 8 handguns, I can drop someone at half a KM with an open rifle sight, was best on my ship of 300 with a Sterling sub-machine gun, still can build a NATO FN 7.62 in the dark, aim to kill and kill again.
[right][snapback]162605[/snapback][/right]

He took a racoon out fron 120 yards at Algonquin.
ANTHONYD,Dec 31 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:
Aka,Dec 31 2005, 04:06 AM Wrote:
[right][snapback]162605[/snapback][/right]

He took a racoon out fron 120 yards at Algonquin.
[right][snapback]162610[/snapback][/right]

....and then ate the guts and used the rest as a hat
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Here's my alteration as an expression of somwhat agreement to your viewpoint:

If you're fresh off the boat or able-bodied and collecting welfare because you're lazy, you have two options:

1 - Get OSAP like the rest of us (or another, federally-funded education loan if you're ex-Ontario) and go back to school. Hell, you don't even need an OSSD these days. Follow-ups ensure the government's money was well-spent. Not everyone succeeds, but then again not everyone's cut out for a MBA. Trades are another great avenue that a quality college will prepare you for, and we're sadly in need of skilled tradespeople in this country now and in the next 10-15 years.

2 - If you're not willing to become a productive civilian member of the workforce, you're then drafted into the military. The military pays significantly better than the private sector but with obvious reasons for that. They also get "danger pay" or bonuses for ex-pat theaters of operation, some of which is non-taxable. In return, they serve our country and protect it from EEEEEEEEEEEVIL! (sorry, watch the exorcism of emily rose... damn funny line)

If that's not the case for either, chances are you're already running for the US or the next boat out of Canada.

I don't believe that there should be mandatory military service for everyone... someone has to run the businesses that this country needs as well. I mean, the last to try that in recent memory were the French... yeah, that worked out well.

But I say lump the lazy Canadians in with the lazy, system-abusing immigrants and make em all do something. I'm tired of my tax dollars allowing ANYONE to sit on their asses in a coffeeshop, laughing about how they exploit the system.

And please, don't even get me started on the natives. They should be contributing to the country, too, and not in that "I'll pay less than everyone else because we're special" crap way, either.

EDIT - I wanted to add something to this after taking time to reflect on everything I had already said, and that of everyone else.

I sincerely hope that if a mandatory service requirement were instituted that we wouldn't suffer the same loopholes that the US does. In the US, it's a documented fact that very few sons / daughters / grandkids / etc. of House and Congress representatives are serving in a dangerous Theatre of Operations. We don't need that classification / segregation of our kids. if you're meant to serve, you serve. There will always be a need for officers. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Historically, democracy in North America favours class division, and so do the respective military powers that be. Most of the time the segregation of classes via rank and a "glass ceiling" for promotions renders the mixing of the upper and lower classes largely impossible. Let's hope that any specification for mandatory service doesn't further an outdated and partisian system.

If you're smart, you're smart. You should be able to progress through the ranks of the military as your skill and merit allows for.

The ultimate evidence that anyone can lead? Ronald Reagan. First and foremost, he was an actor.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.