Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got Xm Radio And I Am Not Too Happy
so yeah I got some XM radio action for the Xmas ( 100 gift card at best buy and I had nothing else to get ) anyways their site touts 100% commercial free music.... but the way that gets interpreted is that you won't hear any commercials at all. wrong you'll be hearing them and what's worse? they're all commercials for places you've never heard of before. This is taken driectly from their website:

RADIO’ IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
100% COMMERCIAL-FREE MUSIC, PLUS NEWS, SPORTS, TALK
AND ENTERTAINMENT

Hearing is believing. Change the way you listen to radio with XM Satellite Radio. XM gives you an extraordinary range of 100% commercial-free music, plus the best in news, sports, talk and entertainment

if you read it carefully it would seem that it's 100% commercial free, but that's just the music stations everything else is fair game for them. I've had the radio on for about 3 hours in total maybe less and I've heard 4 commercials ( besides the one I heard while listening to the hockey game cause those are just taken from the local radio station for the home team ) So if you're wanting to get this then be forwarned that you will have anoying commercials for weight loss drugs where the guy SCREAMS AND YELLS at you.

:)

I emailed them and lets see what they say.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Well it seems christmas was good for you, maybe you should try complaing at best buy, they might give some cash back or something for false ad.
Save points are for quiters
Tri_kento,Dec 28 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:Well it seems christmas was good for you, maybe you should try complaing at best buy, they might give some cash back or something for false ad.
[right][snapback]162357[/snapback][/right]

I guess it was? the gift card was from work... and best buy would do jack cause it's not thier product nor their ad. I just got a reply from XM:

In response to your email, all of XM's music channels are commercial free. Our News, Sports, Talk and Entertainment channels have six minutes or less of advertising per hour, which is a significant decrease from the 16-20 minutes heard on many AM and FM radio stations. All XM channels will contain station identifiers which run approximately 5 seconds long.

so I was right. I don't want to sound like I am complaining but I always thought that there would be ZERO commercials on xm/sirus but I guess not. If I knew there would be commercials I prolly would not have gotten it. Everything else about it is great hopefully the commercials won't be too anoying.

anyways just a heads up for anyone wanting one.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
well that good becuase i only listen to music in the car...

but still 6 min per hour of camercials, seems like normal radio is like 30 min!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
as long as i remember Sirius had commercials ...dont know
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
just return it....
hardk0re,Dec 29 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:just return it....
[right][snapback]162435[/snapback][/right]

can't I already paid for 3 months. It's not that bad anyways I was just expecting no commercials at all. I can forsee a class action lawsuit against them for this cause it doesn't really make it clear that only the music channels are commercial free and that's their biggest selling point it seems. That and they tell you that's why you pay a monthly fee to be commercial free.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
How much does it cost per motnh?
I think XM its like 12.99 and Sirius its like 14.99...something like that
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
yeah XM is $12.99/month for 80 channels

Sirus is $14.99/month for 100
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Dec 29 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Dec 29 2005, 01:01 PM Wrote:just return it....
[right][snapback]162435[/snapback][/right]

can't I already paid for 3 months. It's not that bad anyways I was just expecting no commercials at all. I can forsee a class action lawsuit against them for this cause it doesn't really make it clear that only the music channels are commercial free and that's their biggest selling point it seems. That and they tell you that's why you pay a monthly fee to be commercial free.
[right][snapback]162436[/snapback][/right]

STOP YOUR BITCHING what are you a girl :lol: man be happy you will live longer :rolleyes:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]