Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Battery Keeps Getting Drained Of Power
So my alternater was changed, ford said it was the problem. Few months go by the battery is fine. Now the problem happened again, I did the self test and it gives me a 9387 code low voltage. Ford can't fix the problem so can anybody help me here.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Do you have an alarm?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Personally, I've found over half of battery drain problems (ie. overnight drainage) is from aftermarket equipment like alarms, radios, amplifiers, powered accessories, etc.

The best way I've found to pinpoint the problem is to get an ammeter (many multitesters have them built in), make sure it has about a 10A rating, and pull the positive side off the battery, place the ammeter between the battery and the positive lead, and check the current. It should be less than .5A (actually it should be a lot less than that, but a .5A is a definite problem.)

If it is over .5A, start pulling fuses. After each fuse, look at the ammeter and see if the current drops.

Remember: Stuff like power inverters draw a lot of power even when they're not carrying a load (plugged into the lighter but nothing plugged into the 110VAC side). Stereo amplifiers are the same, if the amp is direct wired and signal switched, the switch can malfunction and the amp just sits there drawing power. If you've hooked up aftermarket fogs/interior lights, etc with a relay and not have the relay power side on an ignition switched power supply, the relay will draw power even though the lights are not on.

That's a start, anyways.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I dont have a alarm. It only happens once in a while, I dont have anthing on or hooked up in my car, the car is stored for the winter. It takes less than 24hours to fully drain the battery after i start it and recharge it. The battery was fine for awile after the alternater was changed.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?

Do you have a big aftermarket stereo, high-draw lights, special headlights that use a cap or ballast (like HID), any other accessories in the car? (X-Box, PS2, vid screens, DVD player, etc)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 12 2005, 09:10 AM Wrote:Do you have a big aftermarket stereo, high-draw lights, special headlights that use a cap or ballast (like HID), any other accessories in the car? (X-Box, PS2, vid screens, DVD player, etc)
[right][snapback]160494[/snapback][/right]
Scroll up NOS :D
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Doh! :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I even have a new red top battery 1000amps Its been like that since I've bought the car new. I tryed everything.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer

try takin a few of the neons out of ur car and u might not kill da battery so fast
lol
E.O MASIV
i dont think u have one, but for people who do, a capacitor improperly hooked up may cause this too, also dont try and jump start your car with a cap hooked up, disconnect it, otherwise it could surge something...
My other ride is your Mom
If there isn't anything installed, it has to be a wiring problem. Try sparky's method and tell us how it went.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I have a capacitor on my incoming power from the battery...if I don't drive the car for a week or more, the car's charging system is VERY low...I have to go on a highway run with the stereo off to recharge the battery and the cap.

I now take the inline fuse out from under the hood of the car when I go into the field because the capacitor trickle discharges the battery if I leave it connected.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...