Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burlington Bbq 2006 Ideas.....
Just thinking ahead.

I'd like there to be a reason why we will meet in vast numbers this summer.

If anyone has any sort of suggestions for me...please shoot.
Canadian Cancer Society. I know Sara and I are down for that. Breast Cancer works too... but the CCS is our first choice.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
For me it would be the Womens shelter, my mom used to be a a consouler at one of these places and really they can use anything we can give them, like food, clothes, toys etc......

Not to mention what they don't use gets sent to the right people down the line or sent to other shelters. They not only help battered women, but they help them learn to live without violance in their lives, it's a huge step up in the healing process in most cases for these women :) .
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
All very worthwhile causes but, I did a project on Alzheimer's and was blown away by the shear devastation this disease can cause. The facts I found are even more alarming...1-in-3 of us will develop Alzheimer's in our lifetime, thus meaning that eventually, in one way or another we will all be affected by this brain-wasting disease!!

terrible....

My vote is made!
I'm with bunny ... seeing as a few family members have/had Alzheimers, that would be my choice
Below Average Car Club
<------------diabetic

But I have recently learned that they have found a cure for it in Calgary. But there is a huge fight about releasing the cure to the public. Why? Well we wouldn't need all the drugs and testing equipment anymore and all the money that goes into research and fund raising, well, not necessary with a cure.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Actually my grandfather has Alzheimers, but Leukemia can kill a toddler. Or younger.

Even he would argue that he'd rather see a cure for cancer so that the kids of the world might actually get to see it. He's 86.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 5 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Canadian Cancer Society. I know Sara and I are down for that. Breast Cancer works too... but the CCS is our first choice.
[right][snapback]159444[/snapback][/right]

Same here.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
It isn't on the list but my call would be the Hospital For Sick Children. They saved my ass as a youngster, only fair to give back to them when & where I can :)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 5 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:It isn't on the list but my call would be the Hospital For Sick Children.  They saved my ass as a youngster, only fair to give back to them when & where I can :)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]159529[/snapback][/right]

feel free to hit up Child's Play .. they've added Toronto Sick Kids to the list, and have raised hundres of thousands for childrens hospitals in the past. I see them doing over a mil this year.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=14690

I'm personally tapped with Salvation Army, United Way, Breast Cancer, and Sick Kids.

Any charity is fine. Question is will a lump-sum donation be made, or will be individual?
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
euro_zx5,Dec 5 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 5 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Canadian Cancer Society. I know Sara and I are down for that. Breast Cancer works too... but the CCS is our first choice.
[right][snapback]159444[/snapback][/right]

Same here.
[right][snapback]159526[/snapback][/right]

That would be my choice as well.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

They are all good causes, but I would say Heart and Stroke.
Good idea, Anthony! :)
SangriaRedZX5,Jan 12 2006, 11:37 AM Wrote:They are all good causes, but I would say Heart and Stroke.
Good idea, Anthony! :)
[right][snapback]164741[/snapback][/right]
back from the dead!!!!
we thought we finally scared u away
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
for me heart and stroke, or diabetes
I think what we'll do is pass a bucket around and make one lump sum donation.

Maybe charge a few bucks for burgers and hotdogs.