Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflex Wiper Blades
Well... they were great for the first few months. Now they've developed a stupid amount of "lines" that appear when wiping. I've found out it's attributed to minor imperfections in the blade itself... tiny bumps on the rubber. I've tried cleaning them off, there are no visible cuts or gouges anywhere on the blade... which makes it even more frustrating.

So... they work great, even at 140+ KM/H in the rain, but they're starting to really suck with those lines appearing at eye level.

6 out of 10, dragged down by poor quality in manufacturing.

Your thoughts?

Hey Oscar, I hear yours are doing the exact same thing?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've had mine on since March and I kinda like them, but I wouldn't say that they are spectacular wipers.
Hopefully they will get me through this winter.....

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
I've had mine for almost a year now, still nothing wrong with them...I love em, and will buy another pair once these wear out..if they ever do
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 28 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:Hey Oscar, I hear yours are doing the exact same thing?
[right][snapback]158032[/snapback][/right]

Never even noticed. Maybe its on the passenger side.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I say four thumbs down. I don't like em.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
My brothers has them on his malibu, they seem to work great. 160KPH on the highway and they were still wiping well :D
My Mom Says I'm Special
I think they are crap. They streak lines and they shudder on the windshield in dirty/salty conditions. I also had the rubber strip peel off and fly away on the hwy during a massive down pour a few km from parry sound. Couldn't see s**t and had to drive 20kms to the parry sound crap tire for a free replacement.
vealzx3,Nov 29 2005, 05:39 PM Wrote:I think they are crap. They streak lines and they shudder on the windshield in dirty/salty conditions. I also had the rubber strip peel off and fly away on the hwy  during a massive down pour a few km from parry sound. Couldn't see s**t and had to drive 20kms to the parry sound crap tire for a free replacement.
[right][snapback]158370[/snapback][/right]

but they did give you a free replacment did they not?
Of course they replaced it, even without a receipt. The thing looked like it exploded.
just got a set last week.
they work very well.
going to get some for the rest of the stable
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
They worked good at first but after a few months they suck. I have to press on the midle part because they leave a streak right down the midle. But the passenger side works good, so I switched them arround. Now they suck evenly :P The best wiper I ever got was the factory replacement that cost an arm and a leg :D .
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
I have the CT winter blades on my side and on cold days it'll "freeze" up and not make contact on the part of the windshield directly in my line of sight ( funny how that happens ) I might try those spring you put on the arms to apply some more pressure and hope that works. I don't see that applying so much more force that it burns out the motor anytime soon.

ANyone ever try these springs, results good bad meh?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
vealzx3,Dec 1 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:Of course they replaced it, even without a receipt. The thing looked like it exploded.
[right][snapback]158780[/snapback][/right]
I spit out my drink when I read that... :lol:

As for those of you with uneven wiping, try doing what I did... bend your wiper arm inwards to create more center pressure...

(Btw, before you ask, no, I haven't tried the Reflex wipers yet...)
meford4u,Nov 28 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:I say four thumbs down.  I don't like em.
[right][snapback]158113[/snapback][/right]

I am still right after all this. You guys should listen to me. I am god
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 10 2006, 09:48 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 28 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:I say four thumbs down.  I don't like em.
[right][snapback]158113[/snapback][/right]

I am still right after all this. You guys should listen to me. I am god
[right][snapback]169715[/snapback][/right]

No offense man but if you're God, then I'm an atheist :D

Silblade windsheild wipers for the win BTW

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2006, 03:46 AM Wrote:Silblade windsheild wipers for the win BTW

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]169722[/snapback][/right]

listen to the man, CT stuff is cheap and crappy.

Silblade are the bomb and have like the best warrenty... never freeze and wipe your windown better than mom could wipe your Ass when you were a newborn, nuff said.

B)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I have them on both of my cars. I haven't had a problem except when dad went to clean off the focus one morning and pulled up on the wiper seperating the rubber blade from the frame. Other then that I really like them. They perform nice and in the winter, just like the commercial says...no ice buildup. I'd buy another set for sure.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Stock wipers are fine and work flawlessly. When I want to replace them, cause I know they're gonna have years of life ahead of them, i'll get some PIAA's (rubber, as I like to use rainx and have heard many horror stories :lol: ).
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
http://www.silblade.com/

5 yrs warrenty, all silicones.... will make your wife jaleouse.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
yeah, I just had that episode with the separating wiper business. It appears "real" Canadian winters are a Reflex-beater, wife-beater shirt and all. Out of sheer habit, I bought another for the side that crapped itself.

I might just go with Silblades shortly as the driver's side is now really annoying compared to the new one, and keep the pass. Reflex as an emergency spare.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch Icon Wiper Blades Spinal 15 12,240 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Last Post: davr89