Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block Heater Cord
so somehow my block heater cord got caught around the exaust manifold and has melted ..my engine is compleatly stock if i go to ford do you think this will be covered under warrenty?
2003 Zx3 French Blue
Nope.

And it's a bitch to replace.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You could get creative and snip it off before the melted part and splice in an extension cord.

May be easier than replacing it.
Haven't looked at mine, but if you are lucky it might be a plug-in type at the heater itself. All you may need to do is replace the cord.
I have a spare cord if you want it come get it
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
Sundown,Nov 29 2005, 03:10 AM Wrote:I have a spare cord if you want it come get it
[right][snapback]158189[/snapback][/right]

i'm gonna take it on down to the dealer on friday see what they say i need to get my door handel looked at
2003 Zx3 French Blue
mine shorted out last year because of all the moisture, I still have to replace it, as I like to plug my car in the worst days of winter ( jan ~ feb ) I tried to see if they would replace it and it was something like $125 plus labour to replace at ford.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
my cord just "unplugged" in the fall .. not borken or anything, just unplgged itself.. so i just took it out..

but now i need it for winter.. my car as trouble starting (yep still running the car with the turbo :P ) .. where does it connect? not the best conditions to work on the car right now.. but i mean if it just unplugged itself, im sure its not that hard to reconnect it.. caus tehre is an adapter on the end...

anyone know? can't find pictures or anything
ZX3T gone..
I have the plug in type.. but since its new to me, I have no idea where to plug it into the block heater! Any suggestions where I can find the location?

(11-29-2005, 11:01 AM)DadsToy Wrote: Haven't looked at mine, but if you are lucky it might be a plug-in type at the heater itself. All you may need to do is replace the cord.
found a picture of it on ford, seems to be below your exhaust manifold.
[Image: RenderIllustration1_zps7b9a324a.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  block heater Mystake 7 5,382 11-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Mystake
  Block Heater Instal? Canadian ST 18 22,169 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Last Post: mo_focus
  Block Heater Sakic #7 5 2,717 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Last Post: _JC_
  Block Heater focuzedn2o 8 4,405 09-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky