Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honda Civic...car Of The Year
civic

:lol:
Its OK but ....... Car of the year ?? - reminds me of "vanilla ice-cream" - not too exciting B)
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Quote:A year ago, Motor Trend gave its Car of the Year to the Chrysler 300, which has been a key to improving sales and profits at DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group unit

So last year the 300 gets car of the year, but this year the Charger (which is almost the exact same vehicle) couldn't beat the Civic? :rolleyes:
:lol: That's a joke. I mean come on... although the Civic is actually going somewhere now: looks much better than the past few model changes, I still think it's nothing to be awarded... eww.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
didn't the focus get a 'car of the year' award when it was first introduced also? how is the civic getting that award any more or less funny?
naz,Nov 27 2005, 02:59 AM Wrote:didn't the focus get a 'car of the year' award when it was first introduced also?  how is the civic getting that award any more or less funny?
[right][snapback]157859[/snapback][/right]

Because you are dealing with a bunch of people who find meaning in a sticker of Calvin peeing on stuff.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Nov 27 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:
naz,Nov 27 2005, 02:59 AM Wrote:didn't the focus get a 'car of the year' award when it was first introduced also?  how is the civic getting that award any more or less funny?
[right][snapback]157859[/snapback][/right]

Because you are dealing with a bunch of people who find meaning in a sticker of Calvin peeing on stuff.
[right][snapback]157866[/snapback][/right]

LOL so true...... :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
:lol: No joke, the Focus imo revolutionized Ford in a way many people don't understand or see for that matter. It was a brave leap from the auto maker, one that could have left them in a lot of debt... but instead it a pretty good reputation, even though it had and still has recalls galore. The fact of the matter is, it's a totally different car for Ford... the Civic is a plain jane, still the same old Civic we grew up with. Why not get rid of the Civic, and make a new class of car? One with smaller engines, more economical power, etc? Ford's got the Fiesta, Ka, etc. Options are there. Even though they're not in the North American market... they're there, and being rigerously tested by the company and owners every day. When we (North Americans) realize there is a spike in the market and a need for better economy cars, well Ford will release a Euro car and/or engine into our market... but until then, Ford along with many other NA auto makers will rebuild, and start from scratch over and over again. I think that's something pretty impressive.
'14 Escape 2.0t
Honestly if you think about it what would they give it tooooooooo..........pursuit, cobalt
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 27 2005, 09: Wrote:Honestly if you think about it what would they give it tooooooooo..........pursuit, cobalt
[right][snapback]157940[/snapback][/right]

the new Focus :D :blink: :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 27 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Nov 27 2005, 09: Wrote:Honestly if you think about it what would they give it tooooooooo..........pursuit, cobalt
[right][snapback]157940[/snapback][/right]

the new Focus :D :blink: :D
[right][snapback]157946[/snapback][/right]

Hey now... :glare: easy on the 05's! :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
I saw the ass end of one on the way home... Junior saw me and some modified 2nd Gen Cavy, he had to pass us in mommy's stock 06 Shitvic.

I seriously wasn't impressed with the style nor the sound coming out from under the hood.

Remember what I said about the Corolla having the grossest-sounding base engine on the planet? The new Civic just took away the crown.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
you guys are hilarious. Seriously. Especially you NOS. I just shake my head at these posts, I'm not even going to bother.

wow. :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
What? I said the engine sounded like it was going to die.

Have you driven a stock Corolla? Have you heard the noise a stock Civic makes at speed while accelerating from 60-70ish MPH?

It's not pretty. What's so wrong about that and saying I don't like the ass end either?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I think that if they only had the 4dr to judge from the Civic would not have won but I think that the new SI tipped the scales in the Civic's favour. You can't argue with the SIs specs it's an impressive car for the 25g's(?) Canadian that it's going to cost.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Flofocus,Nov 28 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:you guys are hilarious.  Seriously.  Especially you NOS.  I just shake my head at these posts, I'm not even going to bother.

[right][snapback]157985[/snapback][/right]

What the F was wrong with my post.............bitch :blink:
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 28 2005, 11: Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 28 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:you guys are hilarious.  Seriously.  Especially you NOS.  I just shake my head at these posts, I'm not even going to bother.

[right][snapback]157985[/snapback][/right]

What the F was wrong with my post.............bitch :blink:
[right][snapback]158204[/snapback][/right]

Didn't you hear? Ferrari and Porsche gave up after the 2000 Focus SPI was launched. Subaru gave up a year later.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Right. Found it.

WTF are you going on about? Where have I said anything about Ferrari and Porsche? And you're asleep, because I LOVE Subarus. Especially my buddy's STi.

I said the Honda Shitvic's new base engine sounds like crap, so does the Corolla base engine, and I'd take the SPI any day over either.

That's my opinion. That doesn't mean I'm against every other car in the world. :rolleyes:

I also said the new styling sucks, especially the ass end. Something tells me I'm not the only person in the world that thinks that.