Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svtoa Canadian Regional On Track Event
Howdy folks,

Just a reminder that the 2009 SVTOA On Track Event is being held August 31 - Sept 1 (Monday and Tuesday this time) on the big track @ Mosport.

The event is being run by The Track Guys

Myself and ZTWSquared are signed up and you can find all the details at the following link:

SVTOA On Track 2009

Early Bird pricing for the two days is $395CDN or $315 USD.

If you register directly online with Track Guys you will be billed in USD which means a savings over the Canadian price (Even after conversion to CDN & credit card conversion fee)

The Early Bird pricing ends July 15, so don't delay.

I had a blast last year on the smaller track at Mosport, even taking it easy on my then (nearly new) car. Can't wait to hit the big track and let my now modified V6 strech its legs (Even as the V8 Mustangs run over me :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 10 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:I had a blast last year on the smaller track at Mosport, even taking it easy on my then (nearly new) car.  Can't wait to hit the big track and let my now modified V6 strech its legs (Even as the V8 Mustangs and green 4-cyl Fusion run over me :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290870[/snapback][/right]

Fixed it for ya!

Seriously ... this is one of the most storied race tracks on the continent ... and each of the ten turns will teach you something you didn't know about yourself and your car - and over the period of two days your balls will definitely grow bigger.

I've done the full course at Mosport 6 times now - and as much as I was thrilled the first time it gets better each time. And the good news is you can be very, very fast even without tons of horsepower.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Shame we won't be in the same run group Ken, otherwise I'd dare you to try to outmuscle my car :P (221hp > 150hp)

You'll be in the "Hey, he doesn't need an instructor" group...

I'll be in the "Hey, who draws the short straw and has to be his instructor" group :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 10 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:Howdy folks,

Just a reminder that the 2009 SVTOA On Track Event is being held August 31 - Sept 1 (Monday and Tuesday this time) on the big track @ Mosport.

The event is being run by The Track Guys

Myself and ZTWSquared are signed up and you can find all the details at the following link:

SVTOA On Track 2009

Early Bird pricing for the two days is $395CDN or $315 USD.

If you register directly online with Track Guys you will be billed in USD which means a savings over the Canadian price (Even after conversion to CDN & credit card conversion fee)

The Early Bird pricing ends July 15, so don't delay.

I had a blast last year on the smaller track at Mosport, even taking it easy on my then (nearly new) car.  Can't wait to hit the big track and let my now modified V6 strech its legs (Even as the V8 Mustangs run over me :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290870[/snapback][/right]
Were you there last year ? So was I ! Which car did you drive , I am trying to remember you <_< . I had the four door SVTF . There was another one , but two door
I was the Fusion (You know the slow sensible shoes car? :P)

I promise this year I'll let 'er rip a bit more. The car certainly doesn't look like it did last year and is a lot more eager to go after it's been worked on a bit :D

Ah, I remember you (The two door blue SVT belongs to the gent working at Dixie Ford, Sean)

Coming back for another go at it? Can't wait to see you there then.

NefCanuck
I haven't tried theor GP track yet...only the small one
can i just get one day?

is instractor included at all?

i should be able to make this one
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yes it is possible to only attend one day and in car instructors are provided, check out the link for all the gory details :)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2009, 07:17 PM Wrote:I was the Fusion (You know the slow sensible shoes car? :P)

I promise this year I'll let 'er rip a bit more.  The car certainly doesn't look like it did last year and is a lot more eager to go after it's been worked on a bit :D

Ah, I remember you (The two door blue SVT belongs to the gent working at Dixie Ford, Sean)

Coming back for another go at it?  Can't wait to see you there then.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290898[/snapback][/right]
No , you weren't slow , you did great , you had the AWD Fusion , right? yes , I want to participate this year too . I will sign up today
Gabriel,Jul 13 2009, 10:53 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2009, 07:17 PM Wrote:I was the Fusion (You know the slow sensible shoes car? :P)

I promise this year I'll let 'er rip a bit more.  The car certainly doesn't look like it did last year and is a lot more eager to go after it's been worked on a bit :D

NefCanuck
No , you weren't slow , you did great , you had the AWD Fusion , right? yes , I want to participate this year too . I will sign up today
[right][snapback]290926[/snapback][/right]

Thank you for saying so, but I think my instructor was kinda bored with the pace I was setting, esp. the first day :P

Yep, AWD FTW :D

This past winter on snows I was laughing while everyone else was stuck or crawling along.

Since you and I will likely be in different run groups I will try and get some good photos (That goes for anyone else who comes along and isn't in the beginner group like me, my memory stick can hold 366 photos ;))

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2009, 01:26 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Jul 13 2009, 10:53 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290926[/snapback][/right]

Thank you for saying so, but I think my instructor was kinda bored with the pace I was setting, esp. the first day :P

Yep, AWD FTW :D

This past winter on snows I was laughing while everyone else was stuck or crawling along.

Since you and I will likely be in different run groups I will try and get some good photos (That goes for anyone else who comes along and isn't in the beginner group like me, my memory stick can hold 366 photos ;))

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290938[/snapback][/right]
I think we were all pretty bad ( groups 1 and 2 ) the first day but we picked up the pace the second day ... we had good instructors , I hope to have the opportunity to have Jeff Lacina riding with me again . I thought I was going crazy when they blue flagged the two Cobras to let us pass them with our pony SVTF's , just couldn't believe that was happening ! But this year the scenario could be different because they will have more room on the track to unleash their horses and they have plenty . Important thing is to have fun , good weather and learn some more tricks . BTW , I did sign up .
Do you remember this guy ? He was a mean dude , oh he was mean ! :headbang:
[Image: 08-sun42.jpg]
Unfortunately your link doesn't work, but I'll always remember my instructor because he looked like a pro wrestler :D and drove his Contour like it was on rails. If I would have gotten a full ride along session with him I think I would have lost my last meal :ph34r: :lol:

You mean I might actually pass one of you SVTF's in the straights? :blink: :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2009, 08:42 PM Wrote:Unfortunately your link doesn't work, but I'll always remember my instructor because he looked like a pro wrestler :D and drove his Contour like it was on rails.  If I would have gotten a full ride along session with him I think I would have lost my last meal :ph34r: :lol:

You mean I might actually pass one of you SVTF's in the straights? :blink: :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]290975[/snapback][/right]
Everything is possible :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svtoa On Track Corral - July 28th @ Dunnville GapBoyPCS 0 1,069 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: GapBoyPCS
  2005 Svtoa On Track GapBoyPCS 25 6,568 08-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Last Post: BerinG