Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must Be Snowing In Toronto
no snow here
ZX3TUNR,Nov 26 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:no snow here
[right][snapback]157760[/snapback][/right]

Where the heck are you people? It seems like it's been snowing forever. This used to be my favorite time of the year, the cold, snow, leafs...but since I got hooked to blowing money on my car, this winter stuff sux!
2002 Infra-red ZTS
You GTA people better call the military to hold your hands :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I was having a blast in the snow around the airport afterwork.

I'm sad it got plowed, I want more now!

Subaru = So much fun in the snow
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
bluetoy,Nov 26 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:You GTA people better call the military to hold your hands :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]157789[/snapback][/right]

you should have seen all the subway delays on Thursday....

we got on the train at Davisville, an outdoor station..

went south to St. Clair, an indoor station.
went south to Summerhill, an indoor station.
and as we rolled further south to Rosedale, we were told that the train was going out of service, and we'd have to get off.
Rosedale is an outdoor station.

So the genius that is the TTC pulled a train out of service, and decided it most prudent to make people wait outside for the next train to pull up.

Not that I mind the cold, but not very forward thinking on their part.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

quick story on that snowstorm that needed the military to dig us out...

I got up in the morning, there was snow up to my waist. I walked half an hour to go north one subway stop (because the snow had stopped all trains at davisville - outdoor station). I walked to my buddy's place to hitch a ride to the gym as we normally did every day of the week.

He comes outside, see's the snow, and figures he'd just put his car into the wall (one of Canada's worst driver no doubt), so he's going to work from home (I left my laptop at the office..d'oh!).

So I walked another hour from Eglinton north to Lawrence to hitch a ride from my other buddy.... it was the longest walk of my life, and a very slow drive to work (out my door at 6am, to the office by 10:30am).. then back home at noon...

good times...

I hit a curb in London and had to get my car towed to Stoney Creek......... Black ice and firehawks dont mix.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 27 2005, 09: Wrote:I hit a curb in London and had to get my car towed to Stoney Creek......... Black ice and firehawks dont mix.
[right][snapback]157938[/snapback][/right]

Firehawks don't mix with anything.

We were down over the weekend... nothing worth writing home about, that's for sure.

There was a bit of road coverage just south of Gravenhurst Friday that required me to get out of the gas for a second, but that's it.

Apparently the sedan will snap around on command with a flick of the wrist as well... it's very entertaining on deserted corners. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the focus tail end is very well known to come out with ease.

EVO magazine preffered 'fish tailing' the TDI version compared to the BMW 1 series. They said the focus was easier to get the tail out than the RWD bimmer 1 series. :o On dry pavement to!!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 28 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:the focus tail end is very well known to come out with ease.

EVO magazine preffered 'fish tailing' the TDI version compared to the BMW 1 series.  They said the focus was easier to get the tail out than the RWD bimmer 1 series.  :o  On dry pavement to!!
[right][snapback]157982[/snapback][/right]

Thats so true its not funny, everytime I want it to break the back end loose, especialy with the firehawks It would do it with ease.
Well if anyone cares....

I bent the control arm and mangeled a wheel bearing. I told them just to fix my control arm and the wheel bearing Im doing at a non ford dealership. Grand Total 276 and if I were to replace the bearing they quoted me 550.......Screw you Ford. They quoted me 2 and half hours to replace a wheel bearing, something sounds fishy..........

I f**ked up a rim too so if anyone has a spare 03-05 16" rim please let me know. As for the firehawks I replaced them with Perelli p6 tires that cost me a grand total of 200 bucks installed for all 4.
double post
D-Dub,Nov 28 2005, 03: Wrote:.......Screw you Ford. They quoted me 2 and half hours to replace a wheel bearing, something  sounds fishy..........
[right][snapback]158089[/snapback][/right]

No kidding. You'd think they'd be good at by now seeing that they've replaced the wheel bearings on every single 2000-2002 Focus in the country as part of a recall. :lol:

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Nov 28 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Nov 28 2005, 03: Wrote:.......Screw you Ford. They quoted me 2 and half hours to replace a wheel bearing, something  sounds fishy..........
[right][snapback]158089[/snapback][/right]

No kidding. You'd think they'd be good at by now seeing that they've replaced the wheel bearings on every single 2000-2002 Focus in the country as part of a recall. :lol:
[right][snapback]158091[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

ddub....dont know why theyre charging you that much. I have a receipt from a few weeks ago and they did my wheel bearing for under $130.00, inlcuding the bearing.
Aka,Nov 26 2005, 07:54 PM Wrote:Subaru = So much fun in the snow
[right][snapback]157825[/snapback][/right]

:D :D :D :D
Flofocus,Nov 28 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:
Aka,Nov 26 2005, 07:54 PM Wrote:Subaru = So much fun in the snow
[right][snapback]157825[/snapback][/right]

:D :D :D :D
[right][snapback]158098[/snapback][/right]

Better get snow tires for that WRX, the stock Potenza's suck big donkey dicks and regardless of what skins you have on it will eventually let go if pushed hard enough and when it does watch out.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
See the best part was when they called me up and told me that my brakes have to be done on both sides, the bearing was gone, and the control arm. Then she tells me that it all has to be done. I told her I knew what had to be done and I just want to to have the control arm done thats it. Nope not good enough she tells me "Its not safe and I dont recomend it", so I says "great, but pads still arent toast yet and the bearing price quoted was to much for me". then she tells me she has to charge me for the inspection of the brakes and the test drive and the fact that I warped a rim and they have to switch the rims.........add on another 70 bucks, but the thing is I knew what had to be done and didnt ask them to take the car out for a drive or change the rim from front to back and align it. I went from 315 to 400 something then to 500 something. I was damned crazy shocked, in the end I told her to not even do an alignment because I was getting new tires put on. Nope again, she said that had to be done too, "damn that" I said to myself and told her to not do it cause I dont have the money to waste, her answer was fine and she told me to come in one hour.

The car drives perfectly straight with the exception of the noise from the bearing.... bunch of theives
I have "Dean Quazar Plus" tires I think... something like that, never heard of 'em. Came with the car when I bought it. They're all season, but I don't really trust 'em. I drive slow when it snows, dont' really feel like being cocky in my 'new' car.

Edit: looks like they're pretty cheap. I think they'd be 205/55R16 87S M&S. Could be the 91s, but I think 87 was all that was required for the subaru, and I don't think the previous owner would get them.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero