Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Lighting Issue
HELP!! lol...alright, well, i do need help...my fog lights don't work :angry: ..i checked the ruse, the light, and i put the relays back in (had fog light DRL)...i can't figure out what's up...any of you ever have this issue or know of what it could be?
Did you pooch / crush the relay? Why did you go back from the DRL fog light mod Brian?

Hit me up over MSN tomorrow... I'm off to bed.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i got rid of the DRL mod becuase i had no more lights lol...my fogs didn't come on even with that, so it can't be the relay..it really stumps me on this...can anybody help me out?
well guys, found the problem, my lights were burnt, but you could barely tell..i had to use my parents reading glasses to find the split in the philament....so yea, i'm warning all with sylvania silverstars, to be very cautious of using this bulbs, they suck the big one! And have now lost my business...this was the second time in probably 3-4 months that i've had to change a bulb, this time, it was both that went at the same time..so yea, stay away, i know i am
lol, going 4 years strong with the same bulbs my hellas came with. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I've been using my fogs as DRLs for a year now with the stock bulbs from 2002 and they're going hard. I considered getting different bulbs but I keep hearing stories like this that make me want to keep the stock ones that dont burn out every couple weeks :P
guilty,Nov 24 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:I've been using my fogs as DRLs for a year now with the stock bulbs from 2002 and they're going hard.  I considered getting different bulbs but I keep hearing stories like this that make me want to keep the stock ones that dont burn out every couple weeks :P
[right][snapback]157614[/snapback][/right]

that's exacly what i'm doing now
I've got the aftermarket bulbs that came with the grille and fogs I got off Gord... 3 months in as DRL fogs, no issues. Still nice and bright.

Maybe the aftermarket stuff is more sensitive to voltage changes (DRL activation / deactivation)?

It's food for thought, that's for sure.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've been running cheap Korean yellow 50W bulbs for 5 years year now without problems, mind you i only have the fogs on when it is foggy/rainy/snowy. ;)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!