Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Reminder
TonyDee,Nov 24 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:I brought this subject up on our local club forum. You would not of believed the response. I posted it not showing any insult to our local Ford dealer , but they happen to be the sponsor and you would not believe what happened. I have had to remove the post. It is very clear that I am not to post anything negative about our cars, or about Ford. :angry:
[right][snapback]157568[/snapback][/right]

Fawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwk dat. fight the man. haha

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
TonyDee,Nov 24 2005, 03:02 PM Wrote:I brought this subject up on our local club forum. You would not of believed the response. I posted it not showing any insult to our local Ford dealer , but they happen to be the sponsor and you would not believe what happened. I have had to remove the post. It is very clear that I am not to post anything negative about our cars, or about Ford. :angry:
[right][snapback]157568[/snapback][/right]

Seeing as they're so open-minded... tell them you've had a change of heart, and want to join whatever branch of the Gestapo they belong to. Tell them Stalin sent you. :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
E-mail from Ford:

Quote:Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.  We received your message sent on 11/22/2005  regarding Information displayed on the website you have provided.

Ford of Canada does verify information contained on 3rd party websites or offer a technical resource for consumers.  Where you have out lined a change in the technical specification of the Ford Focus,  we recommend reviewing the information with your local Ford dealer.  Inquiries of a technical nature are referred to our dealerships who have the latest Ford publications, certified Technicians and the diagnostic tools and equipment to assist you.

From time to time new vehicle option packages and features are added, deleted or modified.  Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.  Additionally, amendments advising of changes to features, specifications, and/or repair procedures may be provided to our dealers in the form of Technical Service Bulletins where applicable.

To locate a Ford or Ford-Lincoln Dealership in your area, please visit http://www.ford.ca and select "Locate a Dealer".

My question How does market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input cause the deletion of heater ducts?

ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
TonyDee,Nov 24 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:E-mail from Ford:

Quote:Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.  We received your message sent on 11/22/2005   regarding Information displayed on the website you have provided.

Ford of Canada does verify information contained on 3rd party websites or offer a technical resource for consumers.  Where you have out lined a change in the technical specification of the Ford Focus,  we recommend reviewing the information with your local Ford dealer.  Inquiries of a technical nature are referred to our dealerships who have the latest Ford publications, certified Technicians and the diagnostic tools and equipment to assist you.

From time to time new vehicle option packages and features are added, deleted or modified.  Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.  Additionally, amendments advising of changes to features, specifications, and/or repair procedures may be provided to our dealers in the form of Technical Service Bulletins where applicable.

To locate a Ford or Ford-Lincoln Dealership in your area, please visit http://www.ford.ca and select "Locate a Dealer".

My question How does market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input cause the deletion of heater ducts?
[right][snapback]157624[/snapback][/right]

Dont worry, they ll word it so it applies to all of the above. Dont give up!!! :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, keep on them man. This is something that I would be flipping out over. I'd be camping at my dealer till they fixed it free of charge. Let them worry about recovering the costs from FoC.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Quote:My question How does market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input cause the deletion of heater ducts?

Market Trends: Small cars are cheap econoboxes.

Customer Demands: Not many people demanded them, or noticed they disappeared.

Engineering Advances: They realized they could just not install the ducts and save $0.05 per vehicle.

Dealership Input: They communicated that many people didn't even notice the ducts exist.

:blink:
P-51 ... I know you're just giving examples ... but the key thing here is for Ford to interpret these factors correctly for Canada ... and per your examples, IMO they haven't ... ie:

P-51,Nov 25 2005, 05: Wrote:
Quote:My question How does market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input cause the deletion of heater ducts?

Market Trends: Small cars are cheap econoboxes.
In Canada the Focus is considered neither small nor cheap ... in the U.S. maybe ... and in any event, the market trend in Canada is towards adding content to econoboxes. Think about it ... the marketing for every small car that has rear seat heat ducts, is sure to include that fact. If it wasn't meaningful, they wouldn't bother. No one advertises the fact that their vehicles have spare tires.

Quote:Engineering Advances: They realized they could just not install the ducts and save $0.05 per vehicle.
Hardly an advance in engineering unless they figured the console itself could move the hot air into the rear seat area (and per their own admission they didn't even think about it) ... more like an advance in aggressive cost cutting.
Quote:Dealership Input: They communicated that many people didn't even notice the ducts exist.
On that basis, there's no way any Focus should have air bags. I know a lot of Ford dealers from my work with them ... and here's one thing I know -- they don't have the interest or the means to assess meaningful consumer input unless it is delivered in the form of a complaint ... so if you consider that the 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 Focus all had rear seat heat ducts ... there'd be absolutely no way dealer input could be a factor in a decision to remove them for 2004.

You hit the nail on the head in a previous post ... someone in manufacturing (probably some American from the south) made an arbitrary decison to remove them based solely on the need to reduce cost ... and then they forgot to tell anyone in sales or marketing.

The cross rails on the roofrack is another example that's already been noted ... another that might be related to the thread about "noise from the rear of the wagon" is the removal of the rear passenger side composite/fibre thingy (baffle?) in the rear wheelwell. My dealer pointed that one out to me. The only reason we could figure they didn't remove the driver's side one, is because of the exhaust being there.

To me, this is the hallmark of a desperate and disfunctional company ... and begs the question: what else have they deleted that hasn't been noticed? Having read every Dealer news bulletin between November 13, 2003 and April 29, 2005 ... I can tell you the list that they did publish is pretty long. And by the way, no mention of the removal of rear seat heat ducts in that 17 month period.

Sorry for the long post ... this thing has me p!ssed off again.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I was being facetious and sarcastic. In no way saying the process was working.

The reality is... just look at how the company is doing overall. CLEARLY, the management and marketting just *don't get it*. There's not much thought being put into this stuff. This is what my boss calls "Checkbox" work. Somebody had a checkbox saying they had to removed X amount of content from the vehicle, and they did it. There is ZERO accountability for the effects of this stuff. It's just done, and nobody questions it.

P-51,Nov 26 2005, 03: Wrote:There is ZERO accountability for the effects of this stuff.  It's just done, and nobody questions it.
[right][snapback]157793[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately, I see this everyday. When you ask who, why, what where, nobody has any answers. Even the union is adapting to a no hastle, no care policy.

They are really starting to piss me off/
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.