Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games We Play On The Roads.
If i was trying to get back at an ass beind me i would have made the three cars STOP all traffic rather than hold it up for a couple km's
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
ok I have one thing to say, and i think its important that everybody hears it... GOOD DRIVERS, aka people who OBEY the traffic laws are a big factor in the reason why we have more accidents than we do.. The study was proven that if you make a complete stop for 1 second at a stop sign, you are doing the proper driving procedure, but... the guy behind you has a higher tendancy to hit you causing an accident, same goes with signaling for lane changes, people dont give you enough room to change most of the time.... many people are so used to driving with bad habits, that it kinda cancells out the other bad habit drivers... i mean, im now sick of obeying the rules of the road because its those idiots who approach me from behind when im slowing down to prepare for a full stop at the stopsign infront of my street, the guy in the back is nearly clipping my bumper because he thinks im going to do a rolling stop... it ALWAYS HAPPENS.. I SOP 10 FEET BEFORE THE STOPSIGN NOW, JUST TO AVOID THESE IDIOTS OR TO GIVE THEM ENOUGH ROOM TO SLOWDOWN WITHOUT HITTING ME..

WHAt am i suppost to do? let them hit me? if that was the case.. i wold already have 10 claims, and have to waste my time going to the bodyshop/insurance/miss work, etc...
My other ride is your Mom
a good driver compensates for those around them.... so yes, you stop at the sign, but you slow earlier to give appropriate stopping room.

It's like when you learned in Young Drivers to leave a couple car lengths in front of you at a light to allow extra room for those coming up behind you.

There's a difference between good drivers and drivers who follow the rules, and I think the example of the stop sign is missing that distinction. I still signal before each lane change, I still stop at every stop sign.. I just make sure I accomodate the other idiots out there.

IE... I signal my lane change, and if someone sits in my blind spot, I do my best to show my intentions until they either yield or get out of the blind spot.

Far too often do I see people changing lanes do this order...

check blind spot
signal
change lanes.

it should be..

signal
check blind spot
change lanes

I honestly think it's the little things like that which make all the difference between 'good' and 'actually good'
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

but trust me, it was on the news, it was confirmed... I slow down and stop, if someone is coming at you at twice your speed from behind, there is no room for maneuverability, you can stop, but regardless, the other guy will still hit you.. does that make you at fault? well insurance companies like to count that against you very often... what they should really teach you here is how to get into an accident... or what to do in such case, so you can learn from it and be a better person on the road.
My other ride is your Mom
I don't disagree with you (except that if you get rear-ended, it's the guy in the back who's responsible), but if you are stopped for one second, and you see someone approaching unsafely from behind, you should be prepared to clear the intersection (when safe) to avoid the collision.

wether mountainbiking, driving your car, rollerblading, snowmobiling, you should always be calculating in the back of your mind an exit if things go badly.

But everyone's guilty of becoming complacent once in a while, you just have to hope that when the situation arrives, that you're not the one caught totally unawares.

^^ I agree... there are too many yahoos who think a signal displayed is a right given to change lanes or turn.

Even last weekend, we were routinely educated on the 400 that when they're signalling, you may as well slow down and let them in front because they're coming over anyways. Twice I was glad I always watch all corners of the car because Sara's door would have been punched in due to assholes who ASSUME (note the common letters) that because you're in their lane and they're signalling they want in your spot that you will move.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Crazirich,Nov 24 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:we should have a highway blocking...  crazikev and friends and i blocked the highway one day, drove 90km/hr 3 wide... we had like 50 cars behind us

there may be a video out soon
[right][snapback]157554[/snapback][/right]
your speedometer said 90? hmm mine said 100.... maybe thats why i drive so slow :lol:

but really, i think we made the highway flow better by doing that, it was all nose to tail in the left lane and congested in the other lanes, we fixed the problem. :P
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
darkpuppet,Dec 2 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:it should be..

signal
check blind spot
change lanes

I honestly think it's the little things like that which make all the difference between 'good' and 'actually good'
[right][snapback]158994[/snapback][/right]

ha, you must not be from Toronto

here ppl change lanes, then signal and look. Sometimes they don't even do that.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I SWERVE?
ANTHONYD,Dec 2 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:I SWERVE?
[right][snapback]159093[/snapback][/right]

I play the game better than most... get everyone scared of you, so you don't have to have to be scared of anyone...

darkpuppet,Dec 2 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:check blind spot
signal
change lanes.

it should be..

signal
check blind spot
change lanes

[right][snapback]158994[/snapback][/right]
oh contrare, what about

checkblind spot
signal
checkblind spot
change lanes

that would make me a great driver
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
or, buy a truck
move over into whatever lane you own
signal with the Pierre Trudeau salute.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Dec 3 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:or, buy a truck
[right][snapback]159146[/snapback][/right]

That falls under the rule Your bigger you WIN!!!
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
meford4u,Dec 3 2005, 09:37 AM Wrote:or, buy a truck
[right][snapback]159146[/snapback][/right]

gold!