Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deck Installation Question
I have the panasonic dp171u head unit, and it currently only has one left and right pre amp output. I would like to add a 4-channel amp to my 2 channel so my doors are on seperate channels and my sub has it's own amp..... is it possible????

Connections type: Front channel output, Rear channel output, Front speakers output, Rear speakers output, Audio line-in, Antenna, System components control bus

Can I hook a 4-channel amp with a 2 channel amp up to this?

I knwo that 4 outputs are ideal....

But what are my options???
when you say 1 left and 1 right...do you mean pairs? if you got 2 pairs of preouts i.e. front and rear (4 plugs) then you can hook up the fronts and rears...but your sub will be hooked up differently,,,if there is not another preout (2plugs) for you subwoofer out!

You can hook all this up, but your lacking an additional set of preouts from what I gather! You could use the high level input jacks on your 4-channel and splice into that...or split the RCAS using Y-connectors ...

As for the quality/connection..I'm really not sure what the result will be! IT can be done and hooked up...but maybe someone can add some input in this..

PLEASE HELP PEOPLE!
From what I have seen, your deck has a single preamp output (1 pair). So I beleive your best bet would be to hook up a four channel amp through hi level (signal taken from the speaker wires rather than rca output) This will still allow seperation of front and rear and left and right. If the four channel amp has hi level inputs you just have to run speaker wire from the deck to the amp and connect accordingly (front wires to front input, rear to rear) Otherwise you can use a hi level convertor that converts the speaker connections to an rca output, then just run the rca's accordingly. As for the sub amp, I would run that off of the preamp output on the back of the deck.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
You Can run it... but your sound wont be as clean/refined....

not to mention tuning from the deck will be next to impossible. not to mention you wont be able to use fader or anything like that.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 17 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:You Can run it... but your sound wont be as clean/refined....

not to mention tuning from the deck will be next to impossible. not to mention you wont be able to use fader or anything like that.
[right][snapback]156408[/snapback][/right]

Fader...don;t care.

I don;t use that now.

Hrmmm.\\Sounds like Anthony will be shopping for a new deck.
If I went with a new deck now... Pioneer Premier P8MP. But, I'm admittedly Pioneer-brainwashed.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well if you need the surround plate (metra black thing) that makes a double din, single din let me know I have the one left over from my car!
ANTHONYD,Nov 17 2005, 11:22 AM Wrote:Fader...don;t care.

I don;t use that now.

Hrmmm.\\Sounds like Anthony will be shopping for a new deck.
[right][snapback]156415[/snapback][/right]

There! Are you happy now!!?? :lol:

bastard guy! :lol:

I'm going to talk to Tyler today....check on something for you! :)
I'll drop the hint to Santa about your future Xmas present.

Can I sit on Santa's knee?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 17 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:I'll drop the hint to Santa about your future Xmas present.

[right][snapback]156438[/snapback][/right]

Then santa would be in traction
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 17 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 17 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:I'll drop the hint to Santa about your future Xmas present.

[right][snapback]156444[/snapback][/right]

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
ANTHONYD,Nov 17 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Nov 17 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]156444[/snapback][/right]

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
[right][snapback]156448[/snapback][/right]

:lol: O :lol: W :lol: N :lol: e :lol: D

Is that before or after wing night with the 1001eleventy pitchers of beer? :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.