Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
?check Disc?
Ok i think by now most of u know i have my focus up and running(which i truly do love), But i have one problem with this car of mine, when ever i put a cd in the stock player, it spits it out saying check CD, at first i thought i had dirty cd's so i cleaned all em...no go, so then i went and bought a brand new cd "Rolling stones forty licks" and still it says check cd. Any one ever have this problem?

is there some thing i can do to fix this?
Save points are for quiters
Stock deck?

If it's a bad stock deck, check the warranty left on your car.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
spend like $100 and get a nice aftermarket CD player..

doesnt have to be fancy...but why not just upgrade....

next time your in yorkton, go check out audio warehouse and talke to cam or brad. they'll do a good job of getting what you need.
'03 Focus SVT
oh? so i take it for the cost of repairs and s**t i'd be better of buying a aftermarket one eh?

i spos I will then, am not really into the huge stereo "bOOm bOx" thing so i'll more then likely end up buying 2-300 $ sony or clarion CD player, it has to be able to play burnt cd's that's a must, any recommendations on players ?
microbunny,Nov 15 2005, 11:09 PM Wrote:spend like $100 and get a nice aftermarket CD player..

doesnt have to be fancy...but why not just upgrade....
[right][snapback]156178[/snapback][/right]

I really Dont like the single din players in our cars.....dont know why, but they dont look right in that big space. I would love to upgrade to a double din but there crazy money, that I could be spending on other parts...

My stock CD player is starting to crap out on me, I think the 110 000km of lowered travveling is taking its toll on it...... :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Tri_kento,Nov 16 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:oh? so i take it for the cost of repairs and s**t i'd be better of buying a aftermarket one eh?

i spos I will then, am not really into the huge stereo "bOOm bOx" thing so i'll more then likely end up buying 2-300 $ sony or clarion CD player, it has to be able to play burnt cd's that's a must, any recommendations on players ?
[right][snapback]156189[/snapback][/right]

Go see crappy tire....they always have cd player on sale. It's sounds that you don't need the best so don't go with the best.

But. this is a Koss...I wouldn't recommended but just to show that you can get one cheap...go with sony or pioneer if you want to go cheap.

look:
Electronic fold-down/detachable faceplate for security
55W x 4 maximum power
Preset EQ
24 station presets
Remote control
Plays CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3
Two pre-outs
Multi-coloured LCD display
Part # MS2015

[Image: 0350617_450_CC_3ed27.jpg]
Turbo arrived!
ooo remote control... i spos am that lazy i just can't reach over a push play.... haha. any who. my B-day is comeing up so am ethier getting a psp or a new deck. If i have to buy one i'll just go with sony, i've always had good experience with them so i think that would be best. THANKS FOR THE HELP! ^-^
Tri_kento,Nov 16 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:ooo remote control... i spos am that lazy i just can't reach over a push play.... haha. any who. my B-day is comeing up so am ethier getting a psp or a new deck. If i have to buy one i'll just go with sony, i've always had good experience with them so i think that would be best. THANKS FOR THE HELP! ^-^
[right][snapback]156278[/snapback][/right]
This may just be me, but imo sony's car audio is s**t. your better off finding something else.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi