Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek Fanatics
So … 10 years ago I did some work for a guy named David Sweetnam. He owned a company called Vital Technologies and they created state of the art science instruments for the federal government … mostly for meteorology, but some were for surveillance.

Sweetnam was also a Trekkie and so he did a deal with Paramount and created what I think was the first (and maybe only) real working Tricorder – they called it the TR-107 Tricorder Mark 1; which was a limited edition – if you can call 10,000 limited.

Anyway … he gave me one which I never took out of the box. I put it away ten years ago and never saw it again until I emptied a carton in the basement over the weekend. It’s #118 – Majel Roddenberry got 001 and Sweetnam and his partner kept #2 through 100.

I googled and yahoo’d and checked ebay … but there doesn’t seem to be any for sale.

Any idea what this thing might be worth?
[Image: tr107tricorder.jpg]
[Image: tricorderbox.gif]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'd get one just for my Dad. That's too cool!

And no, I have no idea what it's worth. Start around $2,000. Work from there.

It's unique, or rare at least... but a unique working concept for sure!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Holy cow, trekies would pay damn good money for that. Even i would :blink:
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Any Treckies in here? whose going to see the new Star Trek movie? paolo 2 2,413 12-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Last Post: paolo