Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Wants Me To Buy Another Car
darkpuppet,Nov 15 2005, 07:41 PM Wrote:I don't want to live in a condo... buying a place and paying monthly service fees makes little sense to me.  And I'll probably keep the car, because renting a car twice a week to get to volleyball/snowboarding wouldn't really work well in the long run...

There's a few reasons to keep the car...

The thing is to buy a house without making too many compromises.
[right][snapback]156145[/snapback][/right]

Think about this though. How much work are you willing to put into any place you buy for upkeep? With a condo sure you pay maintenance fees, but it covers everything outside your four walls (and in some cases things inside your unit too) so that all you have to worry about is your space. If you're happy doing the chores outside then yes, a house is by far your best bet.

NefCanuck
meford4u,Nov 15 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:Don't dis the condo.  I live in a townhouse condo that is 2100 sq feet.  It's more than adequite in size and the fact that I get my lawn mowed, windows cleaned,outside painting, roof shingled etc. is something that free's up my time so i can do the things I want.

Like play golf

Anthony, this is a hint.

And my fees are 180 a month.  Not a huge sacrifice for what they do and cover insurance wise.
[right][snapback]156149[/snapback][/right]

when and where?
bluetoy,Nov 15 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 15 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:Well yeah. In retrospect, I should have said "get something that you'll get equity in", not "get a house".

Equity, as mentioned elsewhere, is second only to cash. Equity lets you do many wonderful things (like upgrades) that would previously take silly amounts of cash (uber Focus upgrades, 2nd Focus for the new special lady that likes tha new digs).
[right][snapback]156050[/snapback][/right]

Equity is not cash. It allows you to borrow obscene amounts of money. YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY IT BACK!!!
[right][snapback]156141[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I know that. And when you need to do 10-20,000 in home repairs or upgrades and you have 50,000+ in equity, getting the cash is a snap. Just tack it back onto the mortgage. Done deal.

You're really anti-homeowner. I'm curious as to why.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Nov 16 2005, 10:26 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 15 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:Don't dis the condo.  I live in a townhouse condo that is 2100 sq feet.  It's more than adequite in size and the fact that I get my lawn mowed, windows cleaned,outside painting, roof shingled etc. is something that free's up my time so i can do the things I want.

Like play golf

Anthony, this is a hint.

And my fees are 180 a month.  Not a huge sacrifice for what they do and cover insurance wise.
[right][snapback]156149[/snapback][/right]

when and where?
[right][snapback]156202[/snapback][/right]

Today?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
hijackers!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 16 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:Yes, I know that. And when you need to do 10-20,000 in home repairs or upgrades and you have 50,000+ in equity, getting the cash is a snap. Just tack it back onto the mortgage. Done deal.

[right][snapback]156206[/snapback][/right]

I own a house. It will be paid for in January. I would never take out a second mortgage or whatever to use my "equity". I don't like to live on a monthly payment plan. So adding more to the mortgage and paying it back three times over 25 years is not cool.

Plus I am not anti homeowner I am anti nos2go4me.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
darkpuppet,Nov 16 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:hijackers!
[right][snapback]156221[/snapback][/right]

Thanks.

Buy the Stang.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I might wait until I'm putting my monthly rent into a place of my own...

tempting tho... temp-ting!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

bluetoy,Nov 16 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 16 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:Yes, I know that. And when you need to do 10-20,000 in home repairs or upgrades and you have 50,000+ in equity, getting the cash is a snap. Just tack it back onto the mortgage. Done deal.

[right][snapback]156206[/snapback][/right]

I own a house. It will be paid for in January. I would never take out a second mortgage or whatever to use my "equity". I don't like to live on a monthly payment plan. So adding more to the mortgage and paying it back three times over 25 years is not cool.

Plus I am not anti homeowner I am anti nos2go4me.
[right][snapback]156222[/snapback][/right]

Whatever fuktard... it's a vehicle for extra cash when it's needed.

And anti-me, that's funny. Whatever you say.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.