Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gross Engine Bay Fire Protector
Does everybody with a focus have that fire resistant padding on the upper rear wall of the engine bay? And has yours turned all gross?

I was thinking of either getting a new one or simply painting it with carpet paint. If I do the latter I suppose i'd destroy some of the fire resistant properties...but it would look better :P

Anybody else do this, or know how to clean this...its bugged me for years...
hardk0re,Nov 13 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:Does everybody with a focus have that fire resistant padding  on the upper rear wall of the engine bay?  And has yours turned all gross?

I was thinking of either getting a new one or simply painting it with carpet paint.  If I do the latter I suppose i'd destroy some of the fire resistant properties...but it would look better :P

Anybody else do this, or know how to clean this...its bugged me for years...
[right][snapback]155494[/snapback][/right]

Mine is green and white with mould... was thinking I'd just use carpet cleaner in the spring but I dunno
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I don't have any at all.

Never came with it.
It is for noise reduction. It is not any kind of fire protection. Just paint it with any paint.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Sounds like its eaisest jst to toss this green mouldy POS...sweet deal :D
hardk0re,Nov 13 2005, 09:14 AM Wrote:Sounds like its eaisest jst to toss this green mouldy POS...sweet deal :D
[right][snapback]155523[/snapback][/right]

Toss it.....

Especially you boosted guys..... Now you can hear it!
I want to pull the nasty one off the fire wall as well.
Yeah, its not fire protectant...its just some sound deadener...

spray-paint it with any old black paint...that what we used to do at my old work!!

same if you got that on the underside of the hood!
I wouldn't toss it. Especially the hood blanket. Keeps the engine warmer in winter... not that Kevin needs his engine warm during winter cause the car is parked..

I remember what happened to Anthony's focus when he put on the race header without the blanket on the hood... the paint started cracking from the heat
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Well I won't toss it but i'm not putting it back for now.....looks soooo much cleaner without that green fungus.
ANTHONYD,Nov 13 2005, 08:53 AM Wrote:I want to pull the nasty one off the fire wall as well.
[right][snapback]155528[/snapback][/right]

First you say you don't have it then you say you wan to remove it :S
my car never came with one? wtf?
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Nov 18 2005, 02:58 AM Wrote:my car never came with one? wtf?
[right][snapback]156547[/snapback][/right]

Ford MCR'd (Material Cost Reduction) it some time ago, around 02?

But nobody was supposed to notice. MCR's are supposed to be invisible to the customer, but they never plan on rabid fans comparing model years.

Just like the little rubber grommet that used to go around the hole in the floormat that hooks onto the carpet. Or the little "pletal" trim strips we used to get on our door cards in 2000. Rear swaybars that disappeared in 2004... Mouse fur sunvisoers in 02...

I could go on and on. The car is now a shell of it's previously premium self.
Fords direction for the focus .... econobox > performance
Yet go read the new FRPP 06 catalogue... great stuff, and even more new stuff for the Focus. Go figure.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Go to your local boating supply store, there are lots of fire and sound proofing materials for boat engine compartments. The engine side is foil and the hull side is foam. All you really need is a small piece for above the header and any other really hot bits.

I'll try to dig up a pic and/or link.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
P-51,Nov 18 2005, 12: Wrote:
ZOOM,Nov 18 2005, 02:58 AM Wrote:my car never came with one? wtf?
[right][snapback]156547[/snapback][/right]

The car is now a shell of it's previously premium self.
[right][snapback]156593[/snapback][/right]
Premium? :lol:
I'd take an 04 over 00-02 for quality puposes alone.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Ford? Quality?

Doesnt matter what year. :lol: :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
[Image: 216858_f.jpg]

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...productId=17973
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Honestly I haven't had half as many issues with the focus as I did with my 1994 Cavalier, almost all plastic pieces on the interior of this thing snapped off at some point in time, blown head gasket at 60k, countless other crap that went wrong like alternators(several - no extra load on elec system), fuel pump, speed sensor, probably other stuff that I've forgotten by now....