Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Curious...
Got suckered into a 2001 SE. After that told myself I would never get another focus because I had nothing but problems with it. So when my Lease was up I brought it in and told my sales guy I don't want another focus, what did he do, showed me why the new focus zx3 (2004) is better and told me about all the improvements on it. Gave me the keys, I test drove it, and voila, my new focus..lol. Plus the no interest financing was a good deal too. Have not had a single problem yet, and I have had it for almost 2 years.
Favorite Links:

Collegemates.ca
FocusCanada.net
Focaljet.com
FocusFanatics.com

"Getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional."
NOS had one, I wanted a new car. Toss up between a focus and a cavalier.

Went to look at a silver SE Sport, loved it but the price tag was too high.

Saw the gold one at a dealership that I knew the sales guy. Went and talked to him, bam got the car the next day.

Good price and all, but I still think I should have got the Ztec.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Wanted to sell my cougar becuase it was comin gup on 100,000 kms. Looks on the trader and saw a yellow zx3 with WW kit and rims from the factory, drove it and loved it. Picked it up a couple days later.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
My parents had 6700 Ford Visa points saved up that they had to spend. The mustang was too much to insure so I ended up with a first year ZX3.
it was the cheapest car on the lot
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Had a '88 Mustang 5.0L which I wrote-off. Bought a '97 F150 which I used for work. My wife has a '00 ZX3 since new, and it was a car I considered a while back. Wanted to get rid of the truck because it was unnecessary for work and gas prices were rising. Dealership in town was clearing out the last 3 '03 SVTF on the lot. Wife wanted a 5 dr, I liked the SVT features in relation to the other cars we considered. Price was $22,900 new! Traded in the truck and the rest is history.
I also worked at a Ford dealership, as did my mom, and brother and had lots of Ford friends which turned me into a Ford guy.
God damn colin mcrae rally. Was looking for a newer used car because I got a job that paid well. Was looking for a black zx3 but could only find ONE yellow zx3 anywhere near my area. It had only 42,000 km on er and thats pretty new for my standards. Took it for a test drive and put a smile on my face. $9800 later she was mine!
Dan
My cousin is a ford salesman... talked my mom into the first one...

when that one sucked... donway was the only one offering me a decent trade in on my red focus...

so i picked up my svt for 20k....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Hey everybody;

I had no intention to get a Focus when I went to Find A Car in Trenton ON.
They had a truck that I wanted (F250 crew cab) but the powers that be would not let me have that big of a first time vehicle loan.
So the guys told me they had a 01 bergendy 5speed sedan. I was willing to look at anything that was a 5 speed and had A/C. I took it for a short test drive and now its been 5 months of absolute bliss.
I don't think I could give this car up for anything, not even for my dream truck.

Mike Harrington
Trenton On
harrington884@hotmail.com
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
I needed a winter car that had a warranty, was good on gas, and I wanted a 5 speed. My old winter car was a ford tempo that went through gas like a weight lifter on water. I got about 150 to 180km's per tank. No mechanic could diagnose the problem so I got rid of the bucket.

I went on a test driving spree and took out a honda civic SI hatchback, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, Dodge Peon, and Pontiac Sunchicken as well as the Ford Focus LX. I loved the Civic however honda wouldn't haggle on it. Same goes for the Matrix. Pontiac only had the vibe available in automatic. The Sunchicken felt super cheap and I thought I was gonna break it so I didn't even offer to haggle with them. The dodge peon was a good car, felt nice, moved pretty good however I told them I wanted to try the focus and if Stockfish wasn't gonna budge on prices then I was gonna buy the peon which I managed to haggle down to $7000 with the trade in of my tempo and they were gonna throw in the 3 year 60,000km warranty.

I then went to the bank pulled $7000 out and drove to ford and took the Focus LX out. I loved the way the car felt, handled nice and had pep. I came back and made a deal with the sales rep. They wanted 8500 for the car and were gonna give me 1500 for my tempo. I then pulled the $7000 out of my pocket and dropped it on his desk and said "lets make a deal. $7000 plus my tempo for that focus LX and a 3 year warranty". The rep looked at me and said "come on...I can't do this". SO!!! I grabbbed the money and started rubbing it on his hand saying "feels good doesn't it...pure cash deal..." then he started humming and hawing so I knew I had to bring out the big guns. I then told him "well listen, I have farquar chrysler holding a nice black neon SE with a 5 speed for me...the deal I am offering you here is the same deal that they are willing to give me. I really liked the focus over the neon however if you don't wanna go with this deal then I guess I will buy the neon". The look on his face was awesome. He then looked at the money, looked at his books, looked at the money and again at his books. I said "well do we have a deal?". He bit his lower lip, I started going in to grab the money and then he swooped in and said "ok we have a deal." He scooped up the money, we shook hands, I signed the sale form and BAM!!! scored me a 38MPG ford focus 5 speed.

Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Nov 23 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:I needed a winter car that had a warranty, was good on gas, and I wanted a 5 speed.  My old winter car was a ford tempo that went through gas like a weight lifter on water.  I got about 150 to 180km's per tank.  No mechanic could diagnose the problem so I got rid of the bucket. 

I went on a test driving spree and took out a honda civic SI hatchback, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, Dodge Peon, and Pontiac Sunchicken as well as the Ford Focus LX.  I loved the Civic however honda wouldn't haggle on it.  Same goes for the Matrix.  Pontiac only had the vibe available in automatic.  The Sunchicken felt super cheap and I thought I was gonna break it so I didn't even offer to haggle with them.  The dodge peon was a good car, felt nice, moved pretty good however I told them I wanted to try the focus and if Stockfish wasn't gonna budge on prices then I was gonna buy the peon which I managed to haggle down to $7000 with the trade in of my tempo and they were gonna throw in the 3 year 60,000km warranty.

I then went to the bank pulled $7000 out and drove to ford and took the Focus LX out.  I loved the way the car felt, handled nice and had pep.  I came back and made a deal with the sales rep.  They wanted 8500 for the car and were gonna give me 1500 for my tempo.  I then pulled the $7000 out of my pocket and dropped it on his desk and said "lets make a deal.  $7000 plus my tempo for that focus LX and a 3 year warranty".  The rep looked at me and said "come on...I can't do this".  SO!!! I grabbbed the money and started rubbing it on his hand saying "feels good doesn't it...pure cash deal..." then he started humming and hawing so I knew I had to bring out the big guns.  I then told him "well listen, I have farquar chrysler holding a nice black neon SE with a 5 speed for me...the deal I am offering you here is the same deal that they are willing to give me.  I really liked the focus over the neon however if you don't wanna go with this deal then I guess I will buy the neon".  The look on his face was awesome.  He then looked at the money, looked at his books, looked at the money and again at his books.  I said "well do we have a deal?".  He bit his lower lip, I started going in to grab the money and then he swooped in and said "ok we have a deal."  He scooped up the money, we shook hands, I signed the sale form and BAM!!! scored me a 38MPG ford focus 5 speed.
[right][snapback]157333[/snapback][/right]

I love that story everytime you say it. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ThraxXx,Nov 23 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:I needed a winter car that had a warranty, was good on gas, and I wanted a 5 speed.  My old winter car was a ford tempo that went through gas like a weight lifter on water.  I got about 150 to 180km's per tank.  No mechanic could diagnose the problem so I got rid of the bucket. 

I went on a test driving spree and took out a honda civic SI hatchback, Toyota Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, Dodge Peon, and Pontiac Sunchicken as well as the Ford Focus LX.  I loved the Civic however honda wouldn't haggle on it.  Same goes for the Matrix.  Pontiac only had the vibe available in automatic.  The Sunchicken felt super cheap and I thought I was gonna break it so I didn't even offer to haggle with them.  The dodge peon was a good car, felt nice, moved pretty good however I told them I wanted to try the focus and if Stockfish wasn't gonna budge on prices then I was gonna buy the peon which I managed to haggle down to $7000 with the trade in of my tempo and they were gonna throw in the 3 year 60,000km warranty.

I then went to the bank pulled $7000 out and drove to ford and took the Focus LX out.  I loved the way the car felt, handled nice and had pep.  I came back and made a deal with the sales rep.  They wanted 8500 for the car and were gonna give me 1500 for my tempo.  I then pulled the $7000 out of my pocket and dropped it on his desk and said "lets make a deal.  $7000 plus my tempo for that focus LX and a 3 year warranty".  The rep looked at me and said "come on...I can't do this".  SO!!! I grabbbed the money and started rubbing it on his hand saying "feels good doesn't it...pure cash deal..." then he started humming and hawing so I knew I had to bring out the big guns.  I then told him "well listen, I have farquar chrysler holding a nice black neon SE with a 5 speed for me...the deal I am offering you here is the same deal that they are willing to give me.  I really liked the focus over the neon however if you don't wanna go with this deal then I guess I will buy the neon".  The look on his face was awesome.  He then looked at the money, looked at his books, looked at the money and again at his books.  I said "well do we have a deal?".  He bit his lower lip, I started going in to grab the money and then he swooped in and said "ok we have a deal."  He scooped up the money, we shook hands, I signed the sale form and BAM!!! scored me a 38MPG ford focus 5 speed.
[right][snapback]157333[/snapback][/right]
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
I bought the car because my dad gets deal on fords and its the only ford car that was the size I was looking for. This is my second focus and in total I have been driving a focus for 5 years, comming up in feb. I have only had two problems in total with my focus 1 was my DPFE(fixed for free) and 2 is my hella lights that some dipshit installed at ford( I have to pay to get them fixed), that is it. To tell you the truth I love this car it has room, handles amazing and the fuel economy is crazy good compared to my other friends cars not to mention the interior is real real good. The only thing I regret is I should have never leased the second focus while in school because its kicked the s**t out of me money wise. Unfortunatly when the lease is up I will not be buying out the focus or getting a new one just for the fact that I plan on going to school longer and working like a mofo is getting in the way of my school.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Well i wanted a 5spd car... couldn't afford a mustang (all i ever owned before, 3 of them) test drove the ST.. Its peppy and good handling, i like the options... and bought it... thinking i should still drive a RWD because i miss it so much... i may go back to a stang in the spring.. as for the focus.. its been good
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
in an afterthought i could have afforded a mustang, but i'm dumb
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]