Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgestone Blizzak Lm-18
Well, I got my Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18's installed today on my stock rims. They are a 195/60 R15, H-rated winter tire. I chose them because they are supposed to allow you to keep decent grip at highway speeds, and are designed for the times that the road may be freezing cold, but bare. I only got to drive the car a little bit tonight, but I'll add some pictures of the tires, and more feedback on the tires performance this wkd.

So far....slower steering response than my Potenza RE950's, but the grip isn't bad, and the handling is pretty good too. I wasn't expecting them to be equivalent anyways, since they are a winter tire.

Like I said, I'll tell more later...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
How much did it cost you?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

$529, taxes in. Normally these tires retail between $150 and $170 each because they are H-rated, and are apparently above the conventional blizzak in terms of performance. I got them for $115 each, installed and balanced. I'm rather impressed with them in the dry so far...I'll drive the car more tommorow and tell ya what I think.
Well, figured I'd get some actual pics posted up before this thread is deemed worthless, etc etc. So I went and took some quick pics of them, and sorry if some of them are blurry a bit...I couldn't be bothered setting up the camera properly...just pointed and shot. Anyways, you can see the tires half decent in most of them...

[Image: 2005_1112Image0006.jpg]

[Image: 2005_1112Image0001.jpg]

[Image: 2005_1112Image0002.jpg]

[Image: 2005_1112Image0003.jpg]

[Image: 2005_1112Image0004.jpg]

As you can see, they look a bit sportier than conventional winter tires, and after driving the car some more, I think they perform different too. The car feels kinda sloppy at steering at first after it's been sitting overnight, but after I put some heat into the tires, the steering response and grip got better and better. This is pretty awesome to me, and I like that fact that even without driving in any rain or snow yet with these tires, they seem like I am getting my money's worth. I will have to give a long-term update after some more mileage and some snow/winter driving...but until then, so far so good...
That's good to hear!

I ordered a set of these last week from 1010 tires. For those who are interested, they were/are on sale for $80 each (195-60/15) and will make it to my door for $380.
Forgot to mention that, when researching winter tires, I found that this is one of the few that is recommended for police cars because of the speed rating. Most are only rated at Q.

DadsToy,Nov 26 2005, 11:08 PM Wrote:That's good to hear!

I ordered a set of these last week from 1010 tires.  For those who are interested, they were/are on sale for $80 each (195-60/15) and will make it to my door for $380.
[right][snapback]157817[/snapback][/right]
I run them on My SVT

They run excellent!!!!
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
Had mine on for about a 1000k now and they seem great. Handle pretty damn good in the dry and rain and really inspire confidence in the white stuff.