Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Tubes: Worth It?
I wanna fix up the audio in my van a bit because with the amount of driving I put in it, I should have tunes. I've been considering an amplified bass tube... now for all those that hate them, consider this: I use the van for contracting, and space is a nescessity, and the van is a 93... I don't wanna pour money into it :P I've already mounted my old old pioneer deck into it (DEH-10... oh yeah...) which sounds good, but it needs some thump and the speakers are dead. Again, I don't wanna bother putting an amp for the speakers in and all that, just some low RMS speakers that'll sound good off the 45x4 power put out by the head unit. Recommendations?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Nov 10 2005, 11:08 PM Wrote:I wanna fix up the audio in my van a bit because with the amount of driving I put in it, I should have tunes. I've been considering an amplified bass tube... now for all those that hate them, consider this: I use the van for contracting, and space is a nescessity, and the van is a 93... I don't wanna pour money into it :P I've already mounted my old old pioneer deck into it (DEH-10... oh yeah...) which sounds good, but it needs some thump and the speakers are dead. Again, I don't wanna bother putting an amp for the speakers in and all that, just some low RMS speakers that'll sound good off the 45x4 power put out by the head unit. Recommendations?
[right][snapback]155082[/snapback][/right]
welp, this depends on how much you spend on the tube. you could get 2 Resonant Engineering RE 8 for like $140 shipped iirc and then grab 1 hifonics TX4005 for around $150 and that would be one of the better $300 setups possible. it would only take around .6 cubes sealed. even then, you could back it down more to 1 RE 8 for $70 and then a phoenix gold xenon x100.2 for $150 and that would only take up .25 cubes sealed and would still be better than your bass tube. but like i said, depends how much you spend.
Well let's put it this way

If I can get a 100w bass tube for around $25 - $50 is that a good deal?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
As long as you're okay with the bass sounding like a boom box from 1984.

I'd invest in some nice vintage Crunch subs or that "old skool" thump. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Nov 11 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:As long as you're okay with the bass sounding like a boom box from 1984.

I'd invest in some nice vintage Crunch subs or that "old skool" thump. :lol:
[right][snapback]155102[/snapback][/right]

or purchase my single clarion in a ported box.... :) I can do an amp for it too...and wire/// :)

let me know!
I used to run 2 10" Bazooka tubes in my Asuna Sunfire long long ago. They created all the bass I ever needed since the car was so small.

Guess it depends on how much room you have what you want to spend and how much bass you really want. I'm going to get 1 powered 10" Tube because I can't give up any room in my trunk.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
My Parents have a 10" RS self-powered bazooka in their 94 Topaz....it sounds really really good...deep, tight, clean...I only paid $125 as is for it from Cash Converters. Bought a amp harness at a Bazooka dealer, then went and installed it myself. For around $200 all-in, it's an awesome deal. Somtimes pawn shops or other places have used Bazookas. If you have a big van, get an 8" or bigger, or 2x 6.5" Sometimes they wanna flog them coz they aren't in demand like an oldschool Orion XTR or something...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I had a 300watt 8" bazooka NOS bass cannon in my focus. that thing pounded. People couldn't believe that the bottle was making that much of a racket. Mind you my cannon wasn't self powered. I needed an external amp to drive it. It performed pretty good. My brother however has a crappy KOSS bass cannon that he got for $80 at walmart and that thing produces no low bass.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
I've actually contemplated getting rid of my box and putting a single Bazooka Nos tube in the hatch in it's place. I'm getting kind of tired of the space and weight being taken up in the car by the box. I was told that it won't produce the same level of bass as my 2 10's...

Bazooka's are great for small space...I think I'm eventually gonna hook up a self-powered tube in my parent's 77 silverado...to compliment the Koss 6x9's I put in it during the summer.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...