Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odometer Trick?
What do you do for the odometer trick? I used to do it all the time but i forgot...

i took out my speed-hut gauges and need to reset everything.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
with key off, hold down trip odo reset. Start car. Keep holding till trip odo flashes... cycle through by pushing the reset as needed... tach is 8 presses, etc.

resets when you turn the car off.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
What is the purpose of this? or can you explain it further?

I remember a few years back I was stuck in traffic and this guy in a modded black ZX3 next to me was trying to explain this odometer trick to me but the light changed and I did not get what the purpose of this was. Thanks.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
You can pull pass codes, change your Digital display to read KM/hr or Miles/hr instead of your Gas tank trip or whatever its called. I found it handy to give the exact idle to Tom for fine tuning. Thats another thing it will give you the exact RPM, something good if you've fawked up installing your guages and need to know if theyre set right.....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
taking off my gauges the rpm needle came off, so i just want to reset everything and make sure it reads right.

Thanks NOS/Flo
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
So how do you cycle thru them. It'd be cool to have it read km/h as opposed to the milage since last fill
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
just keep pushing the reset button and it'll scroll through all of them ...
Below Average Car Club
Yeah, obvisouly, it will read 0.00, but make sur eyou select the right one.....you can have both Miles and Km's/hr on it, and the selection is right after another so you may have to drive around to figure out which one your on.....
So what are all the different readings? KMH, MPH, RPM......thats it?!
The rest are DTC codes and other settings... I think one is voltage, another coolant temperature. Don't quote me, it's been months.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
microbunny,Nov 10 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:So what are all the different readings?  KMH, MPH, RPM......thats it?!
[right][snapback]154954[/snapback][/right]

here you go bunny boy

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=13
Ahh thank you sir!