Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Fitness Check-in
So, about 2 months ago I started to really get back into working out again. My poor performance at the inter-company hockey tourney really kicked me in the ass and made me get back into it. I was supposed to be in the upper "echelon" of players for the company but I'd didn't perform like it. No breath, no stamina, no stability.

I started out at about 188lbs, but I had also accumulated a nice "pocket" of flab on my belly, a bit more on my love handles and had pretty much gone from a 32 to a 34 inch waist.

I've toned up a lot, I'm still toting a bit of belly but the sides are firmed up and have slimmed some. I've also since re-applied for my CFB North Bay gym membership again. There'll be a few months' wait so in the meantime, I can keep working out at home, work out at work (crazy eh?) and keep playing floor hockey for cardio/stamina training with the guys.

Ice hockey starts next Monday. An eight game schedule against our major competition here in town (Cementation), wrapping up with the "finale" at Memorial Gardens - home to the Centennials, Skyhawks, Lakers et al.

I'm feeling a lot stronger, definitely noticing my bulking up in my legs, arms and chest and my back and traps are on the way there. I'm sitting just shy of 200lbs for weight currently. I'm just about maxxed out at home for weight so next stop is more training at work (200lb weight stacks) until I can get back to tbe Base full-time. CFB North Bay is like a friendly GoodLife - lots of gear, lots of room but with people who aren't snarky and narcissistic. It's a great place to get fit. :)

All this just in time to be out-of-whack for our season opener. :P

How are you guys doin?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Trying something different now as fighting to get time on the machines in the condo is just not worth it anymore and me going to a gym would be like a stripper going into a convent...

A fun novelty act to watch, but the natives would get restless after a while...

I have a Nintendo Wii and purchased the EA Sports Active workout package. So far I've gone through the 30 day challenge at moderate intensity, it's much shorter per session than my self directed program at the gym was and has certain exercises that I have no hope of doing (easily removable once I discover the problem) but because there is a much wider variety of exercises it's a much better overall workout.

Restarted the 30 challenge today on the high intensity setting. So far it's only five minutes or so longer, but dear god I feel like I did when I started the first challenge 30 days ago, like someone would have hit me with a truck :ph34r:

NefCanuck
trying to get faster for soccer and more stamina since I'm playing midfield.
I've gotten back into mountain biking this year. No empirical data but I've definately bumped up the leg strength and improved my cardio. t's a long road though and I've got a ways to go! I've been getting out about twice a week and riding either around 20k or 50k depending on the trails I go to.

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitness check-in NOS2Go4Me 55 25,690 02-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  Re-check Your Summer Plans. Dimitri 14 4,756 04-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Fitness Update - End Of Summer Edition... darkpuppet 9 2,650 09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Last Post: heelchain
  Fitness Check-in : Month 2 darkpuppet 9 2,791 03-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Last Post: meford4u