Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Update/svt Focus
ruppert racing aka team squirt has one more enduro left this year....we have campaigned our 02 svt in emra's (http://www.emraracing.org) 05 enduro series...after a string of seconds and thirds we just took a win in the 3 hour at watkins glen last weekend..that puts us in the season lead with 137 points..second has 134 and 3rd 125....next up is the season ending 4 hour day into night race at summit point raceway in west virginia...been a long year....the only race we did not go to was the sprints at shannonville...
sweet news man, Im happy for you and glad to see an 02 svt getting the position it deserves. :P

I wish you the best for the next race, it'd be great for you the be the season champion.

-Marc
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I know what an enduro motorcycle is but what sort of racing is car enduro?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
GOOD LUCK, and giv'er :banger:
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Congrats and Good luck! Lets see a pic of this bad boy.
I think enduro is not lap based like 30 laps till the checkerd. Its more like how many laps can you get in before 3 hours is up.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Oct 31 2005, 04: Wrote:I think enduro is not lap based like 30 laps till the checkerd. Its more like how many laps can you get in before 3 hours is up.
[right][snapback]152643[/snapback][/right]
our enduros are based on time..they run from 1 to 4 hours, so you are exactly right...next up is the 4 hour on 11/19...we are in a class dominated by second gen rx7's..they have a little more power but most importantly only weigh 2100lbs to our 2550...that was our 1st first place ever in an enduro..the rain is a great equalizer..started from 2nd row outside and never looked back..one rx7 went behind the wall for 5 laps and the other we ran consistently about 20 seconds in front of...when they did their driver change, driver #2 hit a wall pretty hard...thats just when we got black flag all for fog...believe me the next race is everything..you get 20 points for 1st in a one hour, 40 for a 2 hour etc..so 80 points up for grabs..and i am bringing on a 3rd driver, a former pro who happens to be the dad of my codriver sean..and he is real good at night...heh heh..he has run as high as 5th in a private entry in the 6 hours at the glen
oh and thanks for the kind words a link to some pics at lime rock where i was instructing for a tt http://www.focusmotorsports.com/board/vi....php?t=648 scroll down, we are car #74, silver focus
Cool to see some other Foci running with you.
SVT ZX3,Nov 1 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:Cool to see some other Foci running with you.
[right][snapback]152903[/snapback][/right]
that was the day before the races at lime rock, a time trial day..most of those guys came out the next day to crew for me..it was cool..we had 6 or 7 guys on pit row, more than any other team...showing a little love for the focus...