Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Winter Car...
So the past few weeks I've been thinking about getting a winter beater. Its not like my car is a show cary by any stretch of the means... But with the damn body kit on it, it tends to plow snow in these bad Regina winters.

So after toying with the idea, myself and my dad went out and looked for some cars. Found a few really great deals for sub $1k so that was great. Thing is, I really can't afford a winter car. We don't have a place to store my Focus for the winter either... Knowing this, dad said he'd pay for the car, he just needs $500 tomorrow and then will pay me back in 2 weeks. Well I think this is a friggen awesome deal. My sis is a spoiled brat and gets everything, so I'm thinking this is again, friggen awesome! Well, I buy my dad supper and then we go home. Mom instantly knows something is up because dad and I usually go out together when we look at cars and she was waiting up for him. So dad tells her what we were doing and she threw a fit. She actually was right (moms are never wrong afterall) and we basically put to bed anymore thought of a winter car. Its just not practical for me now. I'm a bit upset, but I've done 2 winters before this with no problems...

So today after work, my roommate and I decide to go out for some Taco Time. Yadda yadda yadda... We come home and just as we're pulling up, who shows up, but my dad. I'm wondering what he's doing here... Well he just spent $800 and got me winter tires! Its not a beater, but its a lot better than the stock tires/rims for winter. He said he'll deal with mom, and I can't say I'd want to be him right now lol. Needless to say, its a pretty damned nice early xmas present. I'm happy :)

This really has nothing to do with anything... I just wanted to share my happy news heh.
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
cool cool Bort !
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Your dad should just need to mention your safety is important to him and all matters of winter tires should be dropped....
hardk0re,Oct 25 2005, 07:01 AM Wrote:Your dad should just need to mention your safety is important to him and all matters of winter tires should be dropped....
[right][snapback]151272[/snapback][/right]

B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
hardk0re,Oct 25 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Your dad should just need to mention your safety is important to him and all matters of winter tires should be dropped....

This is very true. I'm just happy he bought them for me, because I can't afford them.
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
Bort,Oct 25 2005, 09:12 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Oct 25 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Your dad should just need to mention your safety is important to him and all matters of winter tires should be dropped....

This is very true. I'm just happy he bought them for me, because I can't afford them.
[right][snapback]151284[/snapback][/right]

I know this is going to sound corny...lol, But thats what GOOD Dads are for. Make sure he knows that. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That's awsome. You have a good father there. Too bad your mom shows no conern at all about your driving situation.
SVT ZX3,Oct 25 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:That's awsome. You have a good father there. Too bad your mom shows no conern at all about your driving situation.
[right][snapback]151308[/snapback][/right]

you people are making it sound like his mom is an ice queen bitch.

In this case it's probably that she understands the financial aspect more than the purpose of buying a winter car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

That's cool your dad would do that for you (my parents wouldn't). But I agree with darkpuppet. Cars are not a parent's responsibility and if you choose to buy a cool car or add something to it that makes it difficult to drive in the winter, unsafe, or might cause damage to your car then you should be able to afford or put away some sort of money towards things like that. Anyway not that I'm being a bitch, that's still a super nice christmas present B)
1996 Mercury Mystique. < --- Too poor to afford much more.
That's great that your father was concerned enough to do that and is willing to take the flak from your mom about it.

Hope you get a chance to show your appreciation to him at some point ;)

NefCanuck
How about your father buy me winter tires now :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi