Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loc - Need Help
Finally took kona's advice from a post I made about a zillion years ago regarding my non-audiophile stereo, and the audiophile sub/amp i have..

Installed the LOC and that went ok, but when i started to turn up the L/R gains, nothing happens, and then a big THUB THUB THUB out of the sub.. and turning down the gains don't make it go away.. have to shut the car off to make it stop. turn it back on, and nothing out of the sub.. soon as i touch the gains, it thubs again.

Any ideas?

I posted about it a few days ago on FF, but no response from anyone there yet. Seems to be set up properly as far as I can tell.

my post from there: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=203394
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
If your using the item I think you are then the wires are not right and probably will never be right. (Line In Converter) If not then ignore what I said to a point. <_<

Your hearing what live power sounds like coming into the stereo. I've tried many time to hock up many sony system to the stock deck with that same unit and failed many times.
But seriously thats the sound the electricity your car makes when running. Hooked up wrong somehow. I just gave up and bought a deck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

you shouldn\t have touched loc gain knob..

and thump noise like..either underpowering but crank it up tooo loud and sub is distorting..
or could be ground problem..ground could be bad..

umm..i m reaading your post on focusfantics..and you've soldered rca to amp wiring harness??
you mean high level harness??
isn't there rca input already on amp??

describe more detail..
what amp do you have??
what sub do you have?
which color of wires did you use to tap loc??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
yellow/white is acc, you can use this for remote turn on..

rear driver side
white/violet(+) gray/white(-)

rear passenger side
white(+) gray(-)

all these wires can be found behind deck..
and run power(8ga+) from battery, driver side and rca with remote turn on from behind deck(loc) passenger side to trunk..

for the ground, use wire brush to strip down to bare metal surface, use 2 screws at least to secure ground..

then see what happens..

turn gain setting to minimum(amp side), turn gain to middle whic his factory setting(loc side)..

then set your volume(75%~85%) volume and turn the gain up(amp side) slowly before hear distortion..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Its a stock audiophile sub and amp in the rear. It has no controls on it. And I put the RCAs hanging off the factory pigtail connector that plugs into the amp. Then just to try things out I ran an RCA cable through the car to test it out.

for wiring, I used these:

LR Speaker +/- white/purple - gray/white
RR Speaker +/- solid white - solid gray

I've already run a wire to the back for the remote turn on, dropped to 5v from 12v because I was told that the stock amp uses 5v not 12v. Thats been working fine all along.

Ground from the LOC should be good (it said to attach this if there was nothing going to the sub. And it was dead, so hooked up the wire, and then I got sound even if not what I wanted), but I'll check again anyways.

I think I got everything there. if you need more info lemme know.

Thanks!
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Buy a cheap amp that won't blow the sub and bolt that to the back of the plastic box. Best thing to do.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Thats probably going to be my next step if this is just turning out to be a nightmare. Should probably upgrade the sub too. Just would have to find a small enough amp to toss back there out of the way.
--
Team PITA
Blaupunkt PnP series amps...

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607792129_main.asp

This is likely what I'm going to replace the stock subwoofer amp with in my Escape...they even make factory Ford interfaces for certain model Fords that also supply the power, remote, and ground, so no extra wires are needed. I just double-checked, and they do make harnesses for these series of amps for the Focus as well.

I'm looking to use a THA 275 PnP to drive an aftermarket 8&quot; sub in the stock sub enclosure. 190watts RMS bridged and 400 peak is plenty for a smaller sub, and is more than the factory amp. I might entertain getting the 8&quot; Velocity series sub to match with it too.

Maybe this will give you another idea...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...