Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution Of The Focus
ZoXu3!
focus?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
The duratec is still classified under the zetec engine type. It is just a higher class model of the engine. Just as the svt engine is a zetec engine. So even if you are driveing a 2.0L zetec or a 2.3 duratec engine they are still the zetec clasification. the only one that doesn't fit is the split port or SOHC.
I love how topics go from one thing to another. First it started as the original ZX whatever car, and turned into the what the letter classifications mean. That too I wasn't to sure on but Its kinda funny that 90% of the topics on the board get side tracked for one reason or another.
The "TS" portion can be traced back to the Mercury Topaz LTS and Mercury Tracer LTS. Those were the highest model lines you could get within the compact "sporty" sedan range of Mercury. Ford mainly used the GLS moniker.

I'm sure whatever iteration of the Focus that comes out of Ford will lose the ZX naming system, and go back to the corporate LX, SE, SEL, Limited line up.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway