Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renault Win F1 Championship
Congratulations to the Renault team for winning the 2005 Formula 1 Contructors Championship.
With the win today in Shangai, China Renault clinched the contructors championship as McLaren could not respond to the Renaults of Alonso and Fisichella.

As for Ferrari they only won one race this season and it was the ill fated US Grand Prix where Michael Shumacher and his Ferrari won competing against only 5 other cars.

Next year no more V10's they're going down to 2.4L V8's and it's going to be interesting to see wich team comes out on top next year.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Ferrari was weak this year but we can all remember how many rule changes were made to pick on Ferrari's winning streak. 4 years in a row rules kept getting changed to upset Ferrari's victorious run. Finnaly they gave up and decided to take a year off from winning. Like you said we'll see what's in show for next year as the engines will all start from scratch.
wow, are you serious? i stopped watching it a couple years ago after Ferrari won just about every race
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
MAlby7,Oct 16 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:Ferrari was weak this year but we can all remember how many rule changes were made to pick on Ferrari's winning streak.  4 years in a row rules kept getting changed to upset Ferrari's victorious run.  Finnaly they gave up and decided to take a year off from winning.  Like you said we'll see what's in show for next year as the engines will all start from scratch.
[right][snapback]149462[/snapback][/right]

Ferrari was weak this year not because there entire package was weak but one of the most important part of there package was weak and that is in part because Bridgestone this year made some pretty lousy tires for Ferrari. Bridgestone was to fault because they let there relations with most of the F1 teams go into disarray and it cost them big time this year. Michelin on the other hand had it easy as they had 4 of the top F1 teams doing R&D for them and Bridgestone only had Ferrari along with Jordan and Minardi.

I can't wait for next year Honda already ran there V8 and gave out a rough HP figure of around 550-600hp, Even tough there are no turbos in F1 I would expect Honda, Toyota, Williams/Cosworth, McLaren/Ilmor to have an advantage over there rivals for the 1st season at least as they have experience at building V8 race engines in Indy. I also heard a rumour that tire changes might be back in F1 next year so regardless of whatever team you root for it should be an interesting season next year.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
They need to bring back the tire changing rule because it is simply unsafe for anyone to abuse those tires that long and not expect them to blow up. If all the recent rule changes were for safety then who came up with this one?

You're absolutely right K-OS. Next year will be amazing because they're not making stupid changes, but rather difficult ones that will have most of the teams starting from scratch. I can't wait to go to Montreal next year. Hopefully the cars will be just as loud.