Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Gamers! Help
Okay, I got a Radeon 9550SE 256MB AGP card and I wish to upgrade but, I am unfamiliar with which cards are which..

Can anyone tell me what would be a good upgrade!?
whats you budget?
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Oct 16 2005, 03:46 PM Wrote:whats you budget?
[right][snapback]149430[/snapback][/right]

Well.....$500 max. I suppose...
Nvidia 6600GT
6800GT?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
What's your system specs Paul?

CPU:
CPU speed:
Ram Qty:
Ram Speed
HDD:
What does your board support? AGP or PCI-E
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I prefer ATI's, so if you really want to get a good card, spend the extra money (ATI's are usually a little more) and get the ATI. Currently running a mobile radeon 9000 on my lappy and a 9800 pro on my main desktop.

What we really should be asking you is, what do you want to do with the card? Mainly for everyday use and gaming, so how intense are you gaming. Then comes the question (as posted above) your system specs (cpu speed, etc).
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
9800 Pros are coming in real cheap now, and there's nothing to laugh about with the R350/R360 chip.

I'd say get either a genuine ATi, or perhaps a MSI or eVGA if you can find one.

Also, I've seen some X800 Pro AGP models out... they're 8-pipe or 12-pipe cards, but the proof is in the fact they're 256MB cards with LOTS of memory bandwidth.

Here's a solid card with a lifetime warranty, I was going for one of these before I bought the ATi X800XL - http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...%20Technologies

If you can afford it, this is a STUPID deal. These are very powerful cards... amongst the most powerful AGP cards on the market right now: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...manufacture=ATI

This is also a great card, but beware the need for an extra 4-pin Molex (HDD/FDD) power connection: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=eVGA

Given everything I've listed, the X800XT is the best value by far.

If you shoot us your system specs, we can help upgrade in other areas too :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Hey Bunny, can I ask 'why' you need to upgrade that card? That card you got should be able to run any game on the market right now. I got a 256MB NVIDIA and I can run every game I've purchased no problem (HL2, Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory, Call of Duty, DOOM 3, etc).......
6600 GT
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
S2,Oct 17 2005, 09:35 AM Wrote:Hey Bunny, can I ask 'why' you need to upgrade that card?  That card you got should be able to run any game on the market right now.  I got a 256MB NVIDIA and I can run every game I've purchased no problem (HL2, Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory, Call of Duty, DOOM 3, etc).......
[right][snapback]149523[/snapback][/right]

From the convo I had with Bunny via MSN, I think he's more into improving image quality.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin