Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Size
Does anyone know the size of the STOCK speakers in the 2005 ZX5...and are all 4 the same size???

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
6x8

and yes
all 4 are the same size
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
thanks ....

next question.......what would some of you recommend as a good 6X8 speaker...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Oct 13 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:thanks ....

next question.......what would some of you recommend as a good 6X8 speaker...
[right][snapback]148678[/snapback][/right]

If you want to have better sound then get Components in the front and leave the 6"x8" in the rear. If you just want to replace the factory speakers with something better look into some of the following:

Alpine Type-R SPR-57LP
Infinity Kappa 682.7cf
Kicker 055KS68
Pioneer TS-A6880R or Pioneer TS-A6870R
Rockford Fosgate P1683C

Most people have found success with the above brands.
the alpine type-s are allright too.

if youre not looking for a major upgrade. you could go with pionner or kenwood coax as well.

a bit cheaper than the other options.

DON'T go components unless you plan to amp them.
05 Altima SE-R
Yeah, components are teh s**t...but unampped they are not teh s**t...

Alpine type-r you need a amp play them if you want the best possible sound.
Turbo arrived!
Boston FX8.
I'm running Planet Audio's P572's (2 way 5x7's) all around. They sound good imo. Shop around, don't talk to sales associates too much, but do talk to owners of components your interested in... it's the only way to get the good stuff without the knowledge.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
hmm. anyone here have CDT or DLS iridum components. i'd like to hear some of those.
05 Altima SE-R
I've got Power Acoustik PR573's, which are 6x8's...they only cost me like $69 per pair, and sound a lot better than stock...wish I had them on an amp so they'd play louder...lol you could give them a look if you want.

I got them coz I want stuff that everyone else doesn't have...Hence my having a JVC/PowerAcoustik system. You could always go to Audiovibe on Colbourne St downtown Brantford...they've got lots of stuff there...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
scoobasteve,Oct 14 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:hmm. anyone here have CDT or DLS iridum components. i'd like to hear some of those.
[right][snapback]149032[/snapback][/right]
they're both pretty decent companies. how good they are or aren't depends on which model you select. 90% of all CDT setups i have listened to or played with lack in the midbass department, particularly from 250hz down, even when i had tried them sealed and ap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Speaker Size For 05 shogun99 3 2,783 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Last Post: ZTWsquared