Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion Should Be Available Soon
There's a big billboard up on Millword Avenue which wasn't there Monday. I'm thinking it will probably sell OK.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Ford needs this car to go over well, and I haven't seen any major negatives about it in any of the reviews. I'm waiting to see the SVT version.
SVT ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:.............. I'm waiting to see the SVT version.
[right][snapback]146733[/snapback][/right]

I take a serious look at a AWD manual transmission SVT as well.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
SVT ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:Ford needs this car to go over well, and I haven't seen any major negatives about it in any of the reviews. I'm waiting to see the SVT version.
[right][snapback]146733[/snapback][/right]

It' already hittin the streets in the states, one guy said he seen one somewhere in the slow lane and everyone was pulling along side to stare at it.Hopefully it does well B) All the reviews seem to love it
My Mom Says I'm Special
[Image: Ford%20Fusion-pt.jpg]

:puke: :(
ANTHONYD,Oct 5 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote::puke: :(
[right][snapback]146751[/snapback][/right]

HATER! :lol:

Taken for what it is, it's a nice domestic sedan without being ostentatious or excessive like a Chrysler 300 and it's variants.

EDIT: It's the sort of thing I would pick if work said "we're giving you a company car but it has to be a domestic, what do you want?"
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Three co-workers here at Ford have them on order.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:It' already hittin the streets in the states, one guy said he seen one somewhere in the slow lane and everyone was pulling along side to stare at it.Hopefully it does well  B)  All the reviews seem to love it
[right][snapback]146738[/snapback][/right]

why the hell would anyone slow down to take a better look at that thing.. it's just another generic looking sedan.. bleh..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

:lol: I don't think so!

I've envied these since their introduction at the auto show. It's a damn good looking car!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
darkpuppet,Oct 5 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:It' already hittin the streets in the states, one guy said he seen one somewhere in the slow lane and everyone was pulling along side to stare at it.Hopefully it does well  B)  All the reviews seem to love it

why the hell would anyone slow down to take a better look at that thing.. it's just another generic looking sedan.. bleh..
[right][snapback]146845[/snapback][/right]

You want generic see,malibi,camry and accord. This actually stands out. The rest look they came straight from boresville.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:You want generic see,malibi,camry and accord. This actually stands out. The rest look they came straight from boresville.
[right][snapback]146862[/snapback][/right]

those cars are from downtown boresville, the freestyle is coming from the suburbs.. I just don't find it that exciting. I would age 20 years just by buying that car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 5 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:You want generic see,malibi,camry and accord. This actually stands out. The rest look they came straight from boresville.
[right][snapback]146862[/snapback][/right]

those cars are from downtown boresville, the freestyle is coming from the suburbs.. I just don't find it that exciting. I would age 20 years just by buying that car.
[right][snapback]146869[/snapback][/right]

The thing is the freestyle is a very well rounded vehicle and it's selling well.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:All the reviews seem to love it

Same thing with the Focus when it came out then look at what happened.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
K_OS,Oct 6 2005, 07:29 AM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Oct 5 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:All the reviews seem to love it

Same thing with the Focus when it came out then look at what happened.

[right][snapback]146984[/snapback][/right]

Problem was all of the early positive reviews were based on test drives of the European Focus. Nobody knew they would screw up the North American version so much and make so many changes.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Oct 6 2005, 08:01 AM Wrote:Problem was all of the early positive reviews were based on test drives of the European Focus. Nobody knew they would screw up the North American version so much and make so many changes.
[right][snapback]146992[/snapback][/right]

It doesn't surprise me one bit my cousin is still driving his 99 diesel ZX5 over there and the last time I checked he had over 200,000k's on it and it's still going strong. Goes to show how much emphasis Ford puts on the small car market. They could have owned the small car market with the Focus hopefully they have learned a lesson or 2 from the Focus and can actually sell the Fusion only time will tell.

1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
The sales people have had their test drive day now, and delivery should be starting in the next two weeks or so :banger: Supposedly there is going to be a ST version..... hopefully a six with the manual. and maybe and appearance package too, like the one that we have seen on the 06 ST... that may happen, but then who knows
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
I saw the fusion, from a distance , last night as they were unloading one at work.

Looked very nice.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I like them, but really though I'm not into crome, but really the Fusion, it really looks up scale, I'd concider buying one, but really ford would price it out of my range, and I'd have to get another focus.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I beleive Ford has priced the Fusion to start at 23k. That is excellent for the mid size car market.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
yeah but for me 23k is alot of money even if it was leased.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.