Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got My Ipod Nano
Picked up a 4Gb Black Ipod Nano today. This fawkin thing is awesome. So small and I have 630 songs on it and it's half a Gb from being full. Great investment if you can use something like this!
Does it work with that adapter that you can get that allows you to control your Ipod using your deck's controls?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
That's a weird coincedence, I just bought an iPod mini today. Also 4gb in blue.. the nano is cool, but my girlfriend didnt want one that small since she'll lose it.

Definitely a sweet little toy.
Ordered my black 4gb awhile ago from Apple under the student discount, but still waiting! :angry:
I thought the mini was too large, and the shuffle sucks, so I picked up a 1Gb Sony network walkman.. very spiffy little thing, and 50 hours of playback.

and 4 weeks later, the nano comes out. I have a collection of 3 MP3 players, and I may end up buying another... My only complaint about the nano is the 11 hour playback, meaning if you wear it at work, you pretty much have to charge it EVERY day.. which is going to be a lot of stress for the lithium battery. I'm going to wait and see how long it is before people start complaining about the battery not holding a charge.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Raine,Sep 22 2005, 01:55 AM Wrote:Does it work with that adapter that you can get that allows you to control your Ipod using your deck's controls?
[right][snapback]143843[/snapback][/right]

You can plug in an auxilliary wire into the back of my deck and then plug the other end into the earphone jack of my Ipod. This lets you hear the music but you have to control the songs by the Ipod.
darkpuppet,Sep 22 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:I thought the mini was too large, and the shuffle sucks, so I picked up a 1Gb Sony network walkman.. very spiffy little thing, and 50 hours of playback.

and 4 weeks later, the nano comes out.  I have a collection of 3 MP3 players, and I may end up buying another...  My only complaint about the nano is the 11 hour playback, meaning if you wear it at work, you pretty much have to charge it EVERY day.. which is going to be a lot of stress for the lithium battery.  I'm going to wait and see how long it is before people start complaining about the battery not holding a charge.
[right][snapback]143867[/snapback][/right]

Just about everyone I know that has an Ipod, has issues with the battery not charging properly.
darkpuppet,Sep 22 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:I'm going to wait and see how long it is before people start complaining about the battery not holding a charge.
[right][snapback]143867[/snapback][/right]

Also the battery is not an easily replaced part, I've seen a Nano being taken apart on Ars Technica and the damn battery is soldered on to the board.

[Image: dissections_battery_soldered_to_board.jpg]

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Cab you guys shut up your killing it for me LOL
hehe Malby comeon, its all good
Good Buy.

I have the same set up. I have the old 10G ipod and i used the AUX on my car to listen to music. Its so much better then burning Cd's weekly. Plus every night i take it home with me and just plug it in.

Pssssst. Battery life sucks goats ass.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

The battery life on the nano is supposed to be 14 hours. We'll see!
It's not the aux jack I was talking about Mike... it's this:

[Image: ionmain.jpg]

Let's you control your ipod from your stereo like it was a CD changer.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
That I don't have but many car manufacturers are starting to bring these devices up when they design new cars.
How much do these Nano's go for?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Sep 22 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:How much do these Nano's go for?
[right][snapback]143965[/snapback][/right]

4 Gb $299, 2 Gb $249. If you're a student you get $20 off so my total taxes in for the 4Gb was $328.XX.
I have the 2nd gen Ipod mini which has an 18 hour bat life, but I usually get 14 hours out of it. Its also a 4gb which I paid 260 its also the same price as this nano but 2 times the space. I dunno if its worth it in my eyes Ive filled up the 4gb in a month, thats mainly due to the fact that I put 2 hour long DJ sets on it. I also do the AUX to IPOD and I have no complaints, havent burned a cd since April.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I wonder if anyone knows this, but is it possible to save mpeg files on an IPod and then play them thru an in-car screen?
2000 Black ZX3
It depends on what type of screen it is. If it's one of those super-mini PC-esque screens, then perhaps. That GPS that Nef listed yesterday might, for example. So might a DVD deck for your car that actively advertises that it can render MPEG, WMV, etc.

If it's the type of screen that just takes tv-style video feeds (RCA/component , s-video, composite, etc) then most likely not.

The key is rendering the data stream properly. If nothing in the loop from storage to display is smart enough to render the file properly, you're screwed.

As for the Nano, it's a sweet size but I prefer having stupid amounts of battery life (ie extra batteries). I've been "handed down" my wife's 256MB RCA Lyra, but I also crammed our 1GB SD card in there. 110 songs so far, plenty of space left
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I doubt you can stream mpeg off the ipod and into a screen on the car.

the interface going out of the ipod wouldn't support a stream with enough bandwidth to do proper video.

on the other hand, if you wanted to, you CAN install linux on your ipod... not sure why you'd want to.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Perfect topic guys!! I've been sitting on the fence about getting a 4GB Nano for weeks now or just buying a 20GB color.. since it's only $80 more.

The nano is so much smaller I know but I can't help thinking that I'll be giving up all that space which is the reason I want it in the first place.

Won't use it at the gym much I'll keep my 6yr old RCA lyra for that.

Suggestions?
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ipod Nano Redux darkpuppet 3 1,293 09-25-2005, 03:58 AM
Last Post: guilty