Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, What Car Parts Can You Get For $400?
http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/Article...ividends_050920

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Must be nice eh? Damned Albertans and their oil fields... let's start drilling in Ontario, see if we can find anything
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Quote:The head of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce issued a release earlier, calling the cheques "an opportunity squandered," saying the money would be better spent on corporate tax cuts.
like they facking need it!!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
And this is what happens when you live in a debit free province. not pst and refunds from the government. We sould get klien into priminister, maybe he can get the whole country debit free. :D
silvermist,Sep 21 2005, 06:30 PM Wrote:And this is what happens when you live in a debit free province. not pst and refunds from the government. We sould get klien into priminister, maybe he can get the whole country debit free. :D
[right][snapback]143797[/snapback][/right]

And better schooling? :lol:

Just kidding. :)

The main reason we have this large surplus, is due to the quickly rising price of crude oil barrels, and the fact that there are many large oil companies operating out of Alberta.

I know for sure that Syncrude, Suncor, and Shell all have a mining facility north of Fort McMurray, and these places are not small. My dad used to work in the IT department of Syncrude, working on wireless communication to the mining equipment such as the large scoopers, 360 and 420 tonne dump trucks, shovels, etc...,

With the hundreds of employees in the oil mining facilities, the 'town' of Fort McMurray is only there because of the the oil companies. Otherwise, it would just be another small town in the northern part of Alberta. The oil companies buy houses there, and employees that don't live nearby, like my dad who lives with us in Calgary, receive a living allowance and a place to live while employed for the oil company. Fort McMurray is just one of the small mining towns that are practically subsidised by the oil companies, and only exist for the employees of those companies. Can you believe that the starting wage for McDonalds is $10/hour? There's practically nobody up there that doesn't work at the oil mining facilities, so since there is such a large customer base, and not a large employee base, fast food pays very well.
Well when that comes in you will be seeing some tint on my windows :D
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
I miss living in Alberta.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Yes, but now at least you live in a province that has people that can spell properly :P

I don't want the whole country to be "debit" free... I use interac a lot
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
and in quebec we will have an other tax just to piss off every one <_<
[Image: darkracing3.gif]
Must be nioce.
you know guys, we work very hard for that surplus every year. to have a great province. i work in the oilfield, my father, and probably 3/4 of my family. long days and hours away from home. a small rebate cheque doesn't make it worth while. it's knowing our families will grow up in the greatest province. not being rude here, but we deserve what we get for working hard. you want it too, come work for it. no freeloaders as long as the conservatives are around! :angry:

greenmachine00,Jan 30 2006, 05:07 AM Wrote:no freeloaders as long as the conservatives are around! :angry:
[right][snapback]167477[/snapback][/right]

:blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! Now if they could find a way to do that I would have voted for them.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
greenmachine00,Jan 30 2006, 10:07 AM Wrote:you know guys, we work very hard for that surplus every year. to have a great province. i work in the oilfield, my father, and probably 3/4 of my family. long days and hours away from home. a small rebate cheque doesn't make it worth while it's knowing our families will grow up in the greatest province. not being rude here, but we deserve what we get for working hard. you want it too, come work for it. no freeloaders as long as the conservatives are around! :angry:
[right][snapback]167477[/snapback][/right]

so the truck load of money you get paid for working in the fields is not enough? I don't know the exact amount oil workers make but I am pretty sure it's more than most of us make. True you are away from home and whatnot but you're paid well enough for that not to matter. The thinking that you the oil worker deserves more than anyone else in your province is for lack of better words egotistical. You don't deserve it more than numbnuts at McDonalds does.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
And since when did a natural resource have ownership?

Alberta doesn't own the oil underground much the same way we Ontarians don't own the water in the Great Lakes.

It is a shared commodity amoung all provinces and 2 nations(water)

Think globally and not just in your own backyard.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 30 2006, 09:15 AM Wrote:And since when did a natural resource have ownership?

Alberta doesn't own the oil underground much the same way we Ontarians don't own the water in the Great Lakes.

[right][snapback]167504[/snapback][/right]
OK, I want my cod! Gimme gimme gimme!
02ztsian,Jan 30 2006, 04:55 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 30 2006, 09:15 AM Wrote:And since when did a natural resource have ownership?

OK, I want my cod! Gimme gimme gimme!
[right][snapback]167519[/snapback][/right]

it's yours if you can find it :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
no one wants the water in the great lakes. you guys destroyed that resource. maybe if it was clean you'd have a market for it and would have your own rebate. and i didn't say i deserve the rebate more then the next guy in alberta, im just saying all albertans pay for the work in some way or another. btw, if you want to join in, come out here. theres tons of workers still needed.
I just came to Alberta to make money because unlike Saskatchewan, I can get something back for my hard work here. I'm working in a machine shop making wear parts for industrial machinery. That will quickly lead to better pay and better opportunity. That and not having to pay PST and Sask tax will save me a few grand a year at least, which will more than pay for the modest increase in cost of living.

If you don't like your s***, fix it.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
meford4u,Jan 30 2006, 03:15 PM Wrote:And since when did a natural resource have ownership?

yeah but most of ont. believes that they should be given a part of everything in canada. but god forbide that any part of canada asks ont. for anything then they are told they are a bunch of whiners.
we worked hard to get this province debt free and hopefully it stays that way. hell we live in the province that manufatures gas and we still pay higher prices for gas then onterio does.
silvermist,Aug 2 2008, 09:18 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 30 2006, 03:15 PM Wrote:And since when did a natural resource have ownership?

yeah but most of ont. believes that they should be given a part of everything in canada. but god forbide that any part of canada asks ont. for anything then they are told they are a bunch of whiners.
we worked hard to get this province debt free and hopefully it stays that way. hell we live in the province that manufatures gas and we still pay higher prices for gas then onterio does.
[right][snapback]269797[/snapback][/right]

resurrection from the dead !
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims