Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Found Near Missing Ottawa Teen's Home
From CTV

Ottawa police have discovered a body, but they don't know yet if it's missing teenager Jennifer Teague, whose family home is about a 10-minute drive from where the body was discovered.

"Because of the area that the human remains were found, because of the proximity where Jennifer was last seen, we do not discard the possibility that could be Jennifer," said Staff Sgt. Monique Ackland on Sunday. "However, without identification, we cannot speculate."

An off-duty police officer discovered the body as he went for a walk with his family. Someone had partially covered the human remains with branches.

The as-yet unidentified body was found off the parking lot of a popular walking trail near the woods, on parkland where patrols were stepped up after Teague's disappearance.

"We were patrolling by ATVs, we were walking and on bicycles, as well as going through all the trails in the area as well as the parking lots," said Marie-Eve Letourneau, spokesperson for the National Capital Commission, the agency responsible for the parkland.

The 18-year-old went missing in the early morning hours of Sept. 8, shortly after she finished working a shift at a Wendy's fast-food restaurant. Neither her cellphone nor her credit card have been used since she went missing.

Witnesses reported hearing some screams that night.

Teague lived with her family in a quiet, family-oriented Ottawa suburb called Barrhaven -- which is feeling a little more like a big city now.

"It's very sad," said one area resident, Anna Zaborski. "I'm a mother. I have a 15-year-old daughter, so I feel awful about this whole thing."

A police forensic team was working Sunday night to identify the body.

In a similar case in Edmonton, Alta. earlier this summer, it took a few days for forensic professionals to confirm the identity of Liana White, a pregnant mother found dead in a ditch about a 15-minute drive from her family home.

While a few bodies have been found since Markham, Ont. woman Alicia Ross went missing last month, none have turned out to be the missing woman.

To date, police have not been able to determine the 25-year-old's fate, although they believe foul play is involved.

With a report from CTV's Rosemary Thompson
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
This has been all over the news here....

I honestly do feel for the family, I sure hope it isn't her but its looking like it is. :(

Ardeth Wood was murdered 2 years ago and they still havent found teh person, a few weeks ago, there were 2 reports of woman being harassed by a man matching the description. They were walking along the same Path she was murdered.

I'm thinking a Serial killer is on the lose here in the capital, well that is probably just me, hoping theres just 1 sicko in the neighboorhood and not 2 :blink: :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Everyday Ottawa is getting worse!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Sep 19 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:Everyday Ottawa is getting worse!
[right][snapback]143164[/snapback][/right]

meh, there was another shooting in Toronto last night.

Were not that bad. :lol: :P
Flofocus,Sep 19 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Sep 19 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:Everyday Ottawa is getting worse!
[right][snapback]143164[/snapback][/right]

meh, there was another shooting in Toronto last night.

Were not that bad. :lol: :P
[right][snapback]143175[/snapback][/right]

meh..just drug dealers and pit bull owners thinning themselves out.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Just heard on the radio that it was her in the woods. One more murder that going to take years to find...
Turbo arrived!
I love how her father was blaming Wendy's for not providing transport for her to get home... wtf was his lazy ass doing at home when his daughter was working till after 10 pm. If you know that the company is obviously not going to provide transportation, and that your daughter is going to have to walk home alone, wouldn't you be waiting at work to pick her up? I know I would. Hard lesson to learn, but I'm sure he understands it very clearly now.

EDIT: I very much agree with Wendy's position on this. Their liability ends when she leaves the premesis. If she was incapable of finding suitable transportation for that time of night, she shouldn't have given late night availability.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Sep 19 2005, 07:30 PM Wrote:I love how her father was blaming Wendy's for not providing transport for her to get home... wtf was his lazy ass doing at home when his daughter was working till after 10 pm. If you know that the company is obviously not going to provide transportation, and that your daughter is going to have to walk home alone, wouldn't you be waiting at work to pick her up? I know I would. Hard lesson to learn, but I'm sure he understands it very clearly now.
[right][snapback]143216[/snapback][/right]

I agree with that 100%

Turbo arrived!
She was 18 years old. By law she is an adult.

When I worked at Mcdonalds, the managers had to give a ride home to anybody that didnt have one during the closing shift.

And DP, as a Staff/pit owner, I dont get aquitted of muder and kill again while everybody is club hoping :P
Just to let you know the family did not have a car!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims