Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus On This New "hyundai"
Phantom,Sep 15 2005, 07:03 PM Wrote:First they get negative because the website didn't work correctly in firefox. Next rip off honda's dash panel, rip off the focus exterior, lol let's just steal from everyone then we have our own car, next AUTO only so far according to that ... pfft I don't want no auto.
[right][snapback]142363[/snapback][/right]

and did you notice that there are no low range gears selectable? P-R-N-D only.

Morons <_< have they forgotten about the need for extra engine braking on occasion? I'd never buy a car without at least 1st gear selectable to hold it.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 15 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:
Phantom,Sep 15 2005, 07:03 PM Wrote:First they get negative because the website didn't work correctly in firefox. Next rip off honda's dash panel, rip off the focus exterior, lol let's just steal from everyone then we have our own car, next AUTO only so far according to that ... pfft I don't want no auto.

Morons <_< have they forgotten about the need for extra engine braking on occasion? I'd never buy a car without at least 1st gear selectable to hold it.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]142365[/snapback][/right]

didnt you noticed the + and - beside the D....

<_<

next time check the pics, for all you know, the automatic could be manual automatic like the IS300 or somethin... it say 5spds auto, thats not granny like.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
hahaha owned by a french guy^^^^
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
5sp auto is just that.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
It could be cool.. I love the look of it, but Hyundai is always bad for ripping off other cars to make thier style.

I heard that the next Tiburon is going to be RWD, so without considering the lame-as-s**t Elantra, the Accent could be moving up to be thier sporty FWD car. Hopefully there's more power for this car than the previous Accent models.
[Image: design_big.gif]

[Image: 100438_4mg.jpg]

I think they look more alike than the focus.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
FociPhil,Sep 15 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:
Quote:The new Accent suspension, featuring MacPherson strut front with new torsion beam rear suspension has been further refined and tuned for the Accent SR.

The result is a chassis which can easily handle the unspecified, but high, power and torque output of the 2.0 Turbo engine for which the car was designed.

Transmission is via a 5-speed automatic gearbox.

Technologically the car features, among other innovations, ESP, motor driven power steering (MDPS), and a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), which will almost certainly be carried over to the incoming new model range at various trim levels. 

Overall length 4,035 mm  Power Train 2.0 Turbo engine 

Overall width 1,745 mm Transmission 5-Speed automatic 

Overall height 1,470 mm Tires 225/40R 

Wheelbase 2,500 mm     

if you go to this link http://worldwide.hyundai-motor.com/ and along the top banner click on the picture of it, and then accent SR, you get more pics and specs on it, i think the inside looks gangster...

[Image: external_big_01.gif]
[Image: external_big_02.gif]
[Image: external_big_03.gif]
[Image: external_big_04.gif]
[Image: chassis_big.gif]
*sigh* like other good euro-cars, we wont get it here most likley
[right][snapback]142217[/snapback][/right]

Hey look, Nissan made one too. Pics of THEIR sport compact concept
[Image: 112_nyas_nissansport07_z.jpg]

[Image: 112_nyas_nissansport01_z.jpg]

[Image: 112_nyas_nissansport02_z.jpg]
french_connection,Sep 15 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

<_<

next time check the pics, for all you know, the automatic could be manual automatic like the IS300 or somethin... it say 5spds auto, thats not granny like.
[right][snapback]142366[/snapback][/right]

I did but I still prefer an actual selectable gear. Trusting the tranny computer to stay in the gear that you want electronically, is to me anyways, asking for grief. What stops the "shiftronic" tranny from deciding "Ooops, revving to high in first, going to second now"?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 16 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

<_<

I did but I still prefer an actual selectable gear. Trusting the tranny computer to stay in the gear that you want electronically, is to me anyways, asking for grief. What stops the "shiftronic" tranny from deciding "Ooops, revving to high in first, going to second now"?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]142499[/snapback][/right]

An Auto shifter controlled by a computer will always be faster and more "presice" than any human. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Sep 16 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 16 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

<_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]142499[/snapback][/right]

An Auto shifter controlled by a computer will always be faster and more "presice" than any human. ;)
[right][snapback]142540[/snapback][/right]

No arguement that it is "faster" and "more precise" than any human, but the tranny as smart as it is knows nothing about what the drivers intentions are when the driver is trying to say, get a car out of a snowbank and is rocking the car back and forth trying to get unstuck (Try rocking a car with a column mounted shifter... PITA compared to a floor mounted shifter)

NefCanuck
I don't like it... I don't like Hyundai's
A sport compact car with a 5 speed auto...

Automatic trannys are more complicated and more fragile than common good old maunal transmissions.

I wouldnt complain in a Lexus or an Infiniti, but a sporty hyundai accent... the odds are against you.

Anyway who wants a sport compact car with an auto tranny...
got gas?
Actually after compairing it to the Honda Jazz / Fit, it looks like a carbon copy of the Jazz / fit. check out the Honda Jazz / fit at their UK web site.

Honda Jazz / Fit
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The Accent SR as it stands right now will never be produced, as for the way it looks like an Echo go check the 4 Door model it looks like they stole the molds made a few minor touch ups and dropped in the new Accent drivetrain. Also the Accent is a low end machine they might get away with charging up to 20g's for it but nobody will buy it if it comes in at the same price as a well equiped Elantra. As for the drivetrain from what I've been reading about it on a couple of other forums is that the 2.0L turbo engine in the SR is a current generation 2.0L Beta, from the start the Beta engines were meant to be turbo engines from the factory but Hyundai backed out at the last minute citing reliabilty goals, there are a few street examples of Betas being turbocharged in the neighbourhood of 400hp at the wheels but most keep them in the 300hp range and use them as there daily drivers.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Though it may be a blatant copy of other cars, it's certainly nice looking overall...wonder what the retail on them is gonna be...

Still, the Mk II Focus ST's in the UK with the skirt kits and rims still look better, and it's guaranteed to perform better too...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotted A "ford Focus" Impala Ss GFXjamie 5 2,280 11-18-2009, 03:48 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  More "street Racing Law" Irony! 2001 ZTS 6 3,287 08-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  No "current" Rs For North America ZX3_2NV 17 7,349 05-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Gabriel
  Halton's Finest "taxi" Service NikiterZTS 30 12,646 04-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  "fusionator" On The Street! NefCanuck 35 10,405 03-25-2009, 10:39 PM