Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Capacitor
If i was planning on running a cap in my system i would definatley get a couple of these.

Knukonceptz

Pretty awesome if you ask me. I wonder what its reserve capacity is. it would be perfect for someone with limited space mounting it under a false floor.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
That's pretty cool but I doubt that they do the exact same thing any other 1.2 farad full size caps do.
MAlby7,Sep 13 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:That's pretty cool but I doubt that they do the exact same thing any other 1.2 farad full size caps do.
[right][snapback]141670[/snapback][/right]

Why would you assume that? They are much wider than most capacitors. I'll see if I can get Bill to post here himself and clear up any misconceptions.

Also:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/index.cfm?co=ca

If you order from him, do it from the CDN site (I made the banner :) )
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
A cap is a cap, what it is rated for is what it will give. If company A can make it smaller by using different techniques then company B they will. It all boils down to the plates and dieeletric material that is used. When figuring out the capacitance mathematically it is the size of the plates, space between them, and the material that is used to seperate them.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blackzx3,Sep 14 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:A cap is a cap, what it is rated for is what it will give.  If company A can make it smaller by using different techniques then company B they will.  It all boils down to the plates and dieeletric material that is used.  When figuring out the capacitance mathematically it is the size of the plates, space between them, and the material that is used to seperate them.
[right][snapback]141994[/snapback][/right]

EXACTLY. :lol:
Blackzx3,Sep 14 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:When figuring out the capacitance mathematically it is the size of the plates, space between them, and the material that is used to seperate them.
[right][snapback]141994[/snapback][/right]

Which is exactly my point. The smaller the size of the tin can the smaller everything has to be inside and the closer together the plates have to be.
but as I said depending on the dielectric material inside will change everything. It has a constant and depending on the material that is used it will change the capacitance. It is unknown what is used in the larger capacitors to create that capacity compared to what these guys are using to create the same scenario. The plates are not neccesarily closer together since this can is wider I believe then most others it is 4.75" wide and 4.75" high and a standard can is not usually that wide. Think they are just above 3" and around 8" high.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capacitor Question Oscar The Grouch 15 3,939 04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Last Post: GlennH